Adding a new transaction

I have been using Quicken for many years, and therefore have many transactions. Now I have trouble trying to add a new transaction. Nothing I do adds a new transaction. I did not have this trouble until recently. Is my problem that my data file is too big, or has Quicken made a change to its program that is the problem?

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Stanley Irving Sandler

Can you give me some additional information that will help to find the cause of the problem? 

Do you receive any error code or warning when you try to enter the transaction?  Does the transaction disappear, or remain in the register? Does this problem occur in all registers, only in one, or in certain registers?  Which type or types of accounts are impacted - checking, savings, credit cards, loans, investments, property/assets, retirement plans, others?

Is anything else different or new with respect to your Quicken file and how it works now from the time before this problem started.  Which versions and release of both Quicken and Windows are you running and when did you last update the application?  Do you have a good recent backup file?

Also any other details about what you are seeing and/or how the application is acting will be helpful.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription Ver. 34.24 - Windows 10-Home Version
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• I enter a transaction, hit the enter key to record it , and quicken goes back to that entry, not to adding a space for a new transaction as was the case in the past.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @Stanley Irving Sandler

Sorry to have to press here - but it sounds like the transaction is being recorded - is that correct?  And I think you are saying the problem is that the cursor is not advancing to the next open field for a transaction?  Is that it?

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription Ver. 34.24 - Windows 10-Home Version
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -