Since about 1/3/22 One Step Update from PayPal not working

My PayPal transactions typically consist of 2 parts: a payment to be credited to my account and a debit to cover the PayPal fee. Since about 1/3 One Step Update has been recording only one or the other components of the transaction, seemingly at random. Quicken Support claimed that the problem was on the PayPal end without evidence. How can I troubleshoot this situation?

Comments

• dondgc
    dondgc Member ✭✭
    > @Doug in VA said:
    > My PayPal transactions typically consist of 2 parts: a payment to be credited to my account and a debit to cover the PayPal fee. Since about 1/3 One Step Update has been recording only one or the other components of the transaction, seemingly at random. Quicken Support claimed that the problem was on the PayPal end without evidence. How can I troubleshoot this situation?

There was another thread about the same issue which Quicken closed without comment or solution. It's a very frustrating issue and you are not the only one dealing with it.
  • evanspp4
    evanspp4 Member ✭✭
    I have the same issue. When will a fix be issued?
  • dondgc
    dondgc Member ✭✭
    > @evanspp4 said:
    > I have the same issue. When will a fix be issued?

Well so far Quicken has not acknowledged the issue or responded to any threads about it (to the best of my knowledge). So who knows?
  • TomL8
    TomL8 Member
    I have had the same issue all month (January 2022). Called Quicken Premium Support and they quickly said "nothing has changed on our end, call PayPal". I contacted PayPal and got their premium support as well - and the guy was very helpful, had me screenshot a before and after of my Quicken register and attach QIF/data files from before and after. I'm copying PayPal's response below - bottom line is this is definitely a Quicken issue, and it's wrong that their first response is to blame PayPal:

-----------------------------------------------------------
    Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2022 6:44 PM

Subject: Quicken [ Case # 10179866] [ ref:_00D30LaY._5002E1uxXRJ:ref ]

Hello,

I have researched this further and consulted with our engineering team.

I can confirm there have been no changes that would affect this. This type of change would have a widespread effect on PayPal users, and we have not received reports of similar issues.

You may consider checking in the Quicken help forums. This is not the exact same issue, but just an example of https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7906918/quicken-download-to-regions-and-paypal

Thank you.

Sincerely,
    Merchant Technical Services
    PayPal
  • dondgc
    dondgc Member ✭✭
    I started a new thread on this issue. Hopefully someone from Quicken will respond.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7907512/paypal-download-issues/p1?new=1
This discussion has been closed.