Anyone having issues reconciling Fidelity investment accounts since week 1 of 2022?

Running Version r37.66; last week during a normal update I noticed one of my Fidelity accounts had exactly doubled in value in the Quicken download; the Fidelity account remained correct. This morning two more accounts were impacted with a lower value than what is in the actual accounts; this afternoon a fourth account had a lower value than what is in the account; again all Fidelity data remains correct. I restored a back up from earlier last week where this data was correct and then ran an update and all the data again was incorrect as previously noted. I deleted one account and added it back in and again it posts incorrect data. Any idea of what is causing this and how to fix it? there have been no issues with the data up until last week.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @SnOH,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this and for not having received a response yet.

To start with, I suggest that you try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate
    1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I hope this helps!
    -Quicken Anja
  • SnOH
    SnOH Member
    Anja, Thanks for the suggestions, unfortunately this does not solve the situation. I continue to have four accounts that no longer show correct data in Quicken. I have again deleted the accounts and re-installed them and the Quicken data remains incorrect, while the data in my Fidelity accounts is correct. I am open to other suggestions, but I need resolution soon or I will need to look for other options for managing finances and accounts.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Thank you for following up, though I'm sorry to hear that the issue continues.

Next, I suggest restoring another backup where the data is correct, then try creating a copy of your data file in an attempt to rebuild all of the internal lists and database tables. You would then move forward with the copied file. To create a copy, please navigate to File > Copy or Backup File... > Create a copy or template (see examples below) which will also allow you to select a date range to move forward with.

If you wish to move forward with your entire data file, please check the full date range of your entire data file before copying so you can enter the correct date range if you do not wish to "shrink" your file by eliminating certain dates.

However, it's important to know that doing so will disconnect all online services in the copied file and you will need to sign back in with your Quicken ID and reconnect all of your online accounts, online billers, Quicken Bill Manager services, etc if you plan to use that copied file going forward. The reason for this is that the new copy also creates a new and separate dataset ID which can eliminate certain data file issues that may not always be detected through validating or super validating in the original file.

I hope this helps!
    -Quicken Anja