CC-503 with First National Bank of PA

Dave1234
Dave1234 Member ✭✭
When I attempt to update my accounts with First National Bank of PA, I get a CC-503 error.

I've confirmed that the username/password combo is correct. Same user/pass that I've been using for years.

I've tried resetting the connection - fails with CC-503, and now both of my accounts are no longer connected at all. If I try to reconnect them (re-specifying the user/pass), it still fails with CC-503.

QFW R37.66 on Win10

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have opened an escalation ticket with our service provider for this issue. While the investigation remains ongoing, please, refer to this open Community Alert for more info and updates.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause in the meantime! Thank you.
    -Quicken Anja

Answers

• jross122
    jross122 Member
    I'm having the exact same issue with First National Bank of PA
  • Quicken Alyssa
    Quicken Alyssa Moderator mod
    Hello @jross122 & @Dave1234,

Thank you both for coming to the Community to report the issues you are experiencing when trying to connect your accounts with First National Bank of PA, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

When adding an account in Quicken, you search for your financial institution and then select the financial institution from the list. When you have selected your financial institution it will display on the right side of the window with more information for that financial institution. In most cases, there will be a phone number and a URL provided for any given financial institution. Please use the URL link provided for First National Bank PA to see if you can successfully log in to their website.

Do let us know how this goes, thank you!

Quicken Alyssa

• LeroyD
    LeroyD Member
    Same Issue, same bank, as the 2 above. Verified I can login to the banking website without issue. Synch has worked for years, up until a couple of days ago.
  • Dave1234
    Dave1234 Member ✭✭
    edited January 12
    @Quicken Alyssa , while I appreciate your reply, it's not at all helpful. As you can see from my post and two others who responded, this isn't a matter of "adding an account" (your words).

These are accounts that have been connected for YEARS, working just fine. They stopped working a couple days ago, and now the connections are broken, and I can not re-establish the connections in Quicken.

As I wrote above, I am able to log in to the bank website using the same username and password.

And just to fully close the loop on this, YES, I am using the same URL (www.fnb-online.com) that is shown in Quicken during my attempts to reconnect.

So, three identical reports of exactly the same problem occurring at exactly the same time. So it's certainly not something that WE are doing incorrectly. It's a problem with Quicken, or a problem with FNB - neither of which we are capable of solving on our own.
  • LyleC
    LyleC Member
    Ditto, same problem same day. Still not able to connect. I even set up a new blank file and tried to add/connect new accounts to make sure there wasn't a problem with my quicken file.
  • Tony Farina
    Tony Farina Member
    Ditto from Tony in Florida. Same issue a couple of days ago. Please take a close look into this problem, thanks.
  • Drj5j
    Drj5j Member
    Exact same problem here. My FNB of PA has been connected and working for years and stopped working two days ago with the CC-503 error message. I am able to connect to my bank account with a browser and add entries with a downloaded QFX file. The problem is connecting to my bank account from Quicken.
  • rgtaylorii
    rgtaylorii Member ✭✭
    Same problem. Talked to FNB support and they offered no help.
  • Quicken Alyssa
    @Dave1234,

Thank you for your feedback, it is appreciated.

I do not disagree that it is apparent this is not a user error. However, there is a specific process for every error Quicken produces. Therefore, the questions we ask and the steps we provide are a required protocol before an escalation can be processed. 

Furthermore, I am aware that these accounts were previously connected, and when I referred to "adding an account", that wording does apply to reconnecting an account as well. Either action, adding or reconnecting, is done through the "add account" feature in Quicken.

I hope this clears up any confusion that my previous comment caused you.

Quicken Alyssa

• Quicken Alyssa
    Hello all,

Thank you all for coming to the Community to report this issue. This issue has been escalated internally and an alert regarding this will be produced shortly. 

I will post the alert for you all here in this discussion as soon as it is available to me.

Thank you!

Quicken Alyssa

• rgtaylorii
    rgtaylorii Member ✭✭
    @Quicken Alyssa I have attempted to reconnect my accounts and each time I get the cc-503 error. Talked with Fnb Support and they said there is no problem on their side. I am able to successfully log into my account on their web site, so it appears to be a quicken problem.
  • Quicken Alyssa
    @rgtaylorii,

Thank you for reaching out to your financial institution regarding this issue. 

We are aware of this issue and currently working on getting an alert published for you all. I will provide the alert here in this discussion as soon as possible.

Thank you!

Quicken Alyssa

• Tack Hammer
    Tack Hammer Member
    Having same problem. I contacted FNB and they believe it is a Quicken issue since I'm 100% certain I have correct credentials.
  • Tack Hammer
    Tack Hammer Member
    FYI, FNB seems to have changed URLs for their default public website login. Is it possible that's occurred with the Quicken interface also?
  • TomDeM
    TomDeM Member
    > @Dave1234 said:
    > When I attempt to update my accounts with First National Bank of PA, I get a CC-503 error.
    >
    > I've confirmed that the username/password combo is correct. Same user/pass that I've been using for years.
    >
    > I've tried resetting the connection - fails with CC-503, and now both of my accounts are no longer connected at all. If I try to reconnect them (re-specifying the user/pass), it still fails with CC-503.
    >
    > QFW R37.66 on Win10

I'm having the same issues as well for the last 2 days. I also called FNB support and they said it's a Quicken issue. Called support and listened to music for 40 minutes and hung up and came here. UGH!
  • rtbraden
    rtbraden Member
    Deactivated my accounts. Now getting CC-502 error when attempting to reactivate them. I can access FNB site directly, but Quicken interface appears to be broken, now. I was also getting the CC-503 error before I attempted to deactivate and reactivate. My problem started sometime around the seventh of January.
  • jlehberger
    jlehberger Member
    Same issue here. Have performed all the steps that others have mentioned in this thread. "Oops. There is a connection problem. CC-502." Have no issues using the same credentials when logging in directly to the website. Same URL listed in Quicken.
  • Dave1234
    Dave1234 Member ✭✭
    Confirmed here as well. No more CC-503; now it's CC-502.
  • squash78
    squash78 Member ✭✭
    Having the same issue. Cannot connect to my First National Bank of PA accounts. CC-502 error.
  • Leigh Anne B
    Leigh Anne B Member ✭✭
    > @Dave1234 said:
    > When I attempt to update my accounts with First National Bank of PA, I get a CC-503 error.
    >
    > I've confirmed that the username/password combo is correct. Same user/pass that I've been using for years.
    >
    > I've tried resetting the connection - fails with CC-503, and now both of my accounts are no longer connected at all. If I try to reconnect them (re-specifying the user/pass), it still fails with CC-503.
    >
    > QFW R37.66 on Win10

I am having the same problem
  • Leigh Anne B
    Leigh Anne B Member ✭✭
    Any updates on how to fix this?
  • Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have opened an escalation ticket with our service provider for this issue. While the investigation remains ongoing, please, refer to this open Community Alert for more info and updates.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause in the meantime! Thank you.
    -Quicken Anja
  • dsnyder8
    dsnyder8 Member
    Is there an update on this issue? I contacted FNB and they indicate they are aware but no resolution. I have not been able to update my accounts since Jan 9. This is a significant hardship not have the ability to reconcile my 7 accounts on FNB
  • jlehberger
    jlehberger Member
    So when does Quicken start processing the refunds for those of us that pay annual subscription fees for services that are not being provided by Quicken. Either get the issue fixed or start sending out refunds for everyday that we are not able to use the services we have subscribed to.
  • rgtaylorii
    rgtaylorii Member ✭✭
    @Quicken Alyssa is there any update on this?
  • CLineback
    CLineback Member
    Same issue here - my parents having same issue on their version.
  • catgon
    catgon Member
    I have the same issue with Quicken and First National Bank of PA. The only "help" I've seen is to report the problem and send files. I'm pretty sure we've all done that and if you're like me you've heard absolutely nothing from Quicken Support either acknowledging the problem or offering a solution. This is getting really old and has me seriously considering canceling my subscription. I, too, have asked the bank if there was a recent security upgrade that's causing this issue with Quicken, but they've not made any changes in months. I hope the techs figure this out soon.
  • Quicken Anja
    edited January 20
    Hello @catgon,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and adding to this discussion.
    catgon said:
    The only "help" I've seen is to report the problem and send files. I'm pretty sure we've all done that and if you're like me you've heard absolutely nothing from Quicken Support either acknowledging the problem or offering a solution. 
    The Report a Problem submissions go directly to a database that is accessible by members of the Development and Product Teams, our Support Team, and Escalation Team.

While you will not receive a response by submitting a problem report, the reports received are reviewed daily, and are mainly used for multiple reports of the same trending issues, investigations on open tickets (which would be the case with this issue in particular), or if Support has requested log files for troubleshooting/escalation purposes.

When there are multiple reports of the same issue, those reports are investigated further and reports that can be replicated or verified are submitted as tickets to Development.

I hope this clarifies things! Thank you.
    -Quicken Anja
  • Flyingwingthing
    Flyingwingthing Member ✭✭
    @Quicken Anja,

How do I "Report a Problem?" I like to do this so this issue is the squeaky wheel that gets the grease.

Also, are you aware of any sort of estimated timeline to resolve? That would help a lot of us calm down... I think.

Thanks,
    Graham
  • Leigh Anne B
    Leigh Anne B Member ✭✭
    How will we know if the issue is being looked at or even trying to be fixed?
This discussion has been closed.