Entries changing when backup Quicken for Windows

dcochran
dcochran Member
Sometimes when I backup my file, entries change out of the blue. Seems to primarily affect payroll entries such that the entry still exists but there are no amounts in the entry. This is taking inordinate amounts of time to fix every time it happens. Please help!

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 12
    I suspect your Quicken file is being corrupted when it syncs with its cloud account.  I suggest you disable Sync and delete the cloud account.  If you actually use a Quicken Mobile app or Quicken on the Web, you may reenable the Sync.
  • dcochran
    dcochran Member
    Does this mean I can’t sync with the mobile app?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    dcochran said:
    Does this mean I can’t sync with the mobile app?
    No.  As stated, after you have deleted the cloud account, you may reenable the Sync.  You may also try resetting the cloud account instead of the deleting account which may be simpler if it works.  Regardless, you'll need to manually correct the Quicken entries or restore good backup if the issue reoccurs.
  • dcochran
    dcochran Member
    Why does it happen over and over but not every time?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 12
    dcochran said:
    Why does it happen over and over but not every time?
    I suspect the issue appears in the Quicken file when the cloud account thinks it has an update to synchronize with the Quicken file.  If the cloud account's update is not appropriate or is not handle properly by Quicken, the Sync may introduce an issue in the Quicken file we may or may not immediately notice.

Note: The opening or restoring of an earlier Quicken file with the same internal file identifier requires a reset of the cloud account which Quicken may not be performing reliably.
  • dcochran
    dcochran Member
    Sherlock, I disabled sync but am not able to delete the cloud account. I have looked up instructions on quicken help. The screenshots on quicken support don't look like what I have. Would resetting my cloud data under the mobile tab accomplish the same thing?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    dcochran said:
    Sherlock, I disabled sync but am not able to delete the cloud account. I have looked up instructions on quicken help. The screenshots on quicken support don't look like what I have. Would resetting my cloud data under the mobile tab accomplish the same thing?
    You need to open another Quicken file to delete the appropriate cloud account.  You may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-edit-or-delete-your-cloud-datasets-quicken-windows

As I stated earlier, you may also try resetting the cloud account instead of the deleting account which may be simpler if it works.
This discussion has been closed.