Quicken changes the opening account balance by itself

Alcors3
Alcors3 Member
This has happened twice in the past 7 days. The opening balance for this account on 12/31/2015 was X. Sometime in the past few days Quicken changed the balance to X minus 1 penny. I noticed this when comparing my current Quicken and online bank balances. I found the discrepancy by checking my latest end of year Quicken file. I changed the balance to the correct amount X. Today, after downloading transactions I discovered that the opening balance was changed to X minus 2 cents. Has anyone else experienced similar behavior? I am using version R37.67, build 27.137.67

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Alcors3,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this and for not having received a response yet.

Do you have a recent pre-update backup you can restore? To start with, I suggest restoring a backup file to see if the same issue occurs in the restored file. If needed, please, review this support article. Scroll down until you see Quicken for Windows and open the blue dropdown section(s) titled Restore Quicken data and/or Restore an automatic backup for instructions on how to restore a backup.

I hope this helps!
    -Quicken Anja
  • srb-usersince 1988
    srb-usersince 1988 Member
    edited January 23
    YES!!!! Twice in the past 10 days, I've had to go back and correct my opening balances on the affected accounts because Quicken has changed the beginning amount because I had to reset the accounts, due to Quicken not being able to connect online to the various financial institutions. It seems I have to reset, or deactivate my various accounts and then re-activate them. Doing this will cause the opening balance to change on some, but not all, of these re-activated accounts. It's a good thing I back-up my data file every time I use it. [Removed-Disruptive]
  • Alcors3
    Alcors3 Member
    Anja, although I backup my Quicken files every day, restoring a previous backup will "un-do" transactions and require re-entering them. The simplest fix is to just restore the original opening balance. The opening balance changed two times and on the same checking account but has not happened since.
This discussion has been closed.