why is Quicken changing an old, reconciled opening balance - and without notification?

Alcors3
Alcors3 Member
This has happened twice in the past 7 days. The opening balance for this account 7 years ago on 12/31/2015 was X. Sometime in the past few days Quicken changed that balance amount to X minus 1 cent. I noticed this when comparing my current Quicken and online bank balances. I found where the discrepancy was by checking my latest end of year Quicken file. I changed the balance back to the correct amount X. Today, after downloading transactions from the bank my Quicken balance differed from the bank balance by 2 cents. I checked the opening balance and it had been changed again, this time by minus 2 cents. Has anyone else experienced similar behavior? I am using version R37.67, build 27.137.67

Answers

• markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    If you are using Mobile/Web Sync, the cloud data file is overwriting your opening balance. After correcting the entry, go to Preferences and Reset the cloud data file.
  • Alcors3
    Alcors3 Member
    Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't use Mobile/Web sync. I checked and it is still set to off.
This discussion has been closed.