Balance of the Loan is different from the Balance in the Register

For my mortgage account, i've notice that the balanace on the account register is the sum of the payments made, not the balance of the account.

There no longer seems to be a way to display the balance of a loan in the balance column of the register.

Comments

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 14
    "For my mortgage account, i've notice that the balanace on the account register is the sum of the payments made, not the balance of the account. "
    How is this Account being updated for payments?  Is it a manual Account where your entry of the payment over in the checking Account is what's affecting the balance, or is this a "downloading" Account where the lender pushes payments into the Account as those payments are processed?  If the latter you really have no access to a loan register.
    Assuming this is a manual loan, where you do have a register, then click the gearwheel in the upper right hand corner of the register and click on "Register columns..." to add the Balance column.
    If you don't have a Balance column now then how have you noticed that the "balance on the account register is the sum of the payment"s (and the beginning balance) and not "the balance of the account" (presumably the balance you see in the Account Bar)?
    Your headline says the balance of the loan is different than the balance in the register, when seems to indicate you can see the balance in the register, but that doesn't agree to the balance per the lender.
    This needs clarification.
This discussion has been closed.