Credit Score - What's the expected behavior if all three major bureaus are frozen?

James J
James J Member ✭✭✭
I have my credit reports frozen at all three major bureaus.  When I use Quicken to see my score, what should I see?

I just tried, and I got as far as Quicken (?) sending a verification code to my phone via text, and I accepted it, then it just hung.  After five minutes of hanging, it finally let me cancel the entire process.

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Whereas it shouldn't "hang" you should also not expect it to work.  Your credit is frozen and means Quicken's request too.  Note if you want to see your credit score you have to unfreeze it at Equilfax.  I believe that you don't have to leave it unfrozen after the initial setup, but I'm not a 100% sure of that.  I do know that once you authorize for say a credit card, they can continue checking your credit.

I have had mine and my wife's credit frozen for at least 20 years.  It is easier and cheaper these days to unfreeze it.  I personally don't have Quicken's Credit Score turned on, and I hide it on the account bar.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.