Bank account downloads are not matching transactions

WTF1954
WTF1954 Member ✭✭
I am having recurring problems in the past two months with Quicken not matching downloaded transactions. And when I try to match manually, the unreconciled item in my register does not appear in the "Match Manually" menu as an available match.

Even worse, some of the transactions that are shown as available to match manually are actually already appearing in my register as reconciled ("R"), and some of these reconciled transactions are a year old.

I have Validated this file, and validated and repaired, and it's still behaving wonkily.

I called Quicken support a little over a month ago and after a while of trying to troubleshoot, the technician said he had to kick my problem upstairs and that Quicken would call me back in a few days. They never did. Unfortunately, they gave me no record of a case number, so if I call again, I think I need to start at square one. After they didn't call back, I restored an earlier backup file and updated it and things worked fine for a few weeks, but now I am having the same issues.

Or, should I just create a new Quicken Data File? This one is about 139 MB now. And its transactions go back to 2007?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• TTSguy
    TTSguy Member ✭✭✭✭
    One thing that I need to probably repeat to you and this is paramount! Be sure that Sync it turned off! Also, I have started downloading my transactions manually by just using Web connect. I don't use ANY of the other functions that Quicken has available and It's pretty stable except for using splits... I know, I know, it makes for a very expensive checkbook register. Even if the register cover is leather!
    Quicken Windows Deluxe Subscription R42.21 Sync off, Web connect, no other qkn options used

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 29
    The transactions available to match manually are transactions that have not been previously matched in the past year.  Transactions that have not been matched do not have a Downloaded ID value.  We may view the Downloaded ID field of transactions by including the Downloaded ID column in the register: press Ctrl + Shift + N, select Register Columns..., check Downloaded ID, and select Done
  • msmith99usa
    msmith99usa Member ✭✭✭
    Looks like a Downloaded ID only works in a Banking Account, and Not an Investing Account. Is that correct? Why would a transaction in a Banking Account NOT have a Downloaded ID? I see a Downloaded ID for some transfers to a Credit Card Account, others such transfers have no Downloaded ID. What causes the inconsistency?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 30
    Looks like a Downloaded ID only works in a Banking Account, and Not an Investing Account. Is that correct?
    We may only view the Downloaded ID column in the non-investment registers.
    Why would a transaction in a Banking Account NOT have a Downloaded ID?
    The transaction was not accepted in to the register when downloaded.  
    I see a Downloaded ID for some transfers to a Credit Card Account, others such transfers have no Downloaded ID. What causes the inconsistency?
    There are many possible reasons a transaction does not have a Downloaded ID.  The most obvious is that the transaction was not downloaded and accepted into the register.  For example, the transaction may have been entered manually or copied.
This discussion has been closed.