Allow multiple target allocations to be stored on the Investing > Allocations page [Edited]

Michael VH594
Michael VH594 Member
edited January 18 in Investments (Windows)
Is there a way to assign an asset allocation mix to an individual account so that Quicken remembers this asset allocation? For instance, I have three accounts (i.e. brokerage, Traditional IRA, Roth IRA). I have a different asset allocation target assigned to each of these accounts. I would like to assign different asset allocation targets to each of these accounts and then be able to switch between these accounts within the Investing tab, without having to re-enter the specific asset allocation target assigned to an account each time I am looking at a different account. (BTW, I am a long-term Quicken user (>25 years) and really like your product.)
Tagged:
7 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately QWin only stores one target asset allocation per data file on the Investing > Allocations page. 

However I can see that it would be very useful to be able to define and store more than one target allocation. To make it more general and probably easier to implement, I think it would be best to allow for several named combinations of accounts and securities and the ability to change the As of date on the Allocations page, similar to the Portfolio page.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd see it as a few target asset allocations sets user-named, and then letting the user select or match various accounts to that target.  That is, I might have a 'Retirement' target.  Sometimes, I might want to see how several accounts stack up against that, and at other times, one account or a different account grouping.   Like the Portfolio view reference, something like --

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 17
    And just to be clear, the selected target allocations would be used if you click on Rebalance portfolio

I requested that this be made into an Idea.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Michael VH594,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to the Community.

I went ahead and changed your post to an Idea so other users who have the same or a similar request can vote on your idea by clicking the up arrow (see below).

Ideas are also reviewed by our Development and Product teams in order to improve Quicken and implement new features requested by customers.

Please, be sure to add your own vote as well.

-Quicken Anja