There should be an option not to add a new transaction to the memorized payees. (Q Mobile)

Chris_QPW
Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
In the current Quicken Mobile version if you add a transaction, it gets automatically added as a new memorized payee.  There should be an option to turn this behavior off.
Signature:
(I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
10 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• JerTindall
    JerTindall Member ✭✭
    100% agree with Chris_QPW on this one. I have turned this behavior off in my Windows desktop version, but can't control it in the mobile app. Now when I enter a transaction in desktop using the same vendor that I used in mobile, it is filling in incorrect information that I have to take the time to correct. We need to be able to control this behavior on both platforms.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    And just people know, to see the memorized payees in Quicken Mobile you select:
    Settings -> Rules -> Memorized Payees
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • pmginn
    pmginn Member
    Ugh this is driving me crazy. At least now I know WHY those payees keep getting memorized; but I don't want them to! Geez, I enter something I bought at Amazon via mobile. Now EVERY transaction from Amazon defaults to that category. NO, NO, NO!!!
  • Gary L-229
    Gary L-229 Member
    100% agree with all comment. Memorized Payees are great for some Payees that I always use the same categories with. For other payees where the category changes having a memorized payee is very frustrating and causes extra work. Please give us (your customers) the ability to have full control, in all quicken applications, over what Payees WE want to memorize.
  • MikeWagner
    MikeWagner Member
    100% agree, and what is frustrating is that it did NOT use to do this. Please fix!
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Chris_QPW

Thank you for bringing this up. It is a great suggestion for future releases. Count my vote in!

-Quicken Paloma