Lock up latest version

Oldsman
Oldsman Member
Quicken locks up on screen changes after loading latest update 1/18/22...whats the problem???

Answers

• Quicken Jade
    Quicken Jade Moderator mod
    Hello @Oldsman, I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. When you say that the screen locks up, what exactly are you seeing? If you're able to can you attach a screenshot? Thank you!
    - Quicken Jade
  • Oldsman
    Oldsman Member
    It remains in the present screen with the circle of death....will not reset and most of the times it requires me going in to task manager and closing the program..
  • Oldsman
    Oldsman Member
    I intentionally left the circle of death run to see if it moves to the next window....its been going on now for 20 minutes..
  • Quicken Jade
    edited January 20
    Thank you @OldsmanI understand, I do apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please try following these steps? 

Try opening Quicken without a data file.

1. To do this, hold Ctrl + Shift on your keyboard and double-click the Quicken icon.
      • Note: You will need to continue to hold Ctrl + Shift until Quicken opens with a blank screen.
    2. If this occurs, there may be an issue with the data file that's keeping Quicken from opening properly. Follow these steps to Restore a backup file.
    3. Then, Validate the restored backup file by going to File > Validate and Repair File.
    4. Check Validate file and click OK.
    Let me know if this works
    - Quicken Jade
  • Oldsman
    Oldsman Member
    Just came up....Quicken Windows is not responding.....If you close the program, you might lose information...>Close the program > Wait for the program to respond (pick one)
  • Quicken Jade
    Thank you @Oldsman, can you please follow these steps?

Step 1: Restart your computer.

1. Right-click the Start button. 

Unable To Open Quicken for Windows After Updating To The Latest Patch

1. Select Shut down or sign out, then Restart. 

If this doesn't resolve the issue, continue to Step 2.

Step 2: Try reinstalling the update patch.

You can find the list of patches here. Select your Quicken version year and then download and install the update patch. 

After installing the patch, restart your computer. 

- Quicken Jade

This discussion has been closed.