Quicken Loading Problem

NSack
NSack Member ✭✭
When I start up Quicken, it starts up like it's loading, but never loads. The cursor just circles and circles. I then have to click on the Quicken Icon a second time for it to load.
Then when I close out the program, I still have Quicken on the screen with the cursor circling and circling. How can I get Quicken to load up on the first time. This is annoying.
Tagged:

Comments

• mary170
    mary170 Member
    Similar problem. I can't get the program to open, just get a "Quicken unexpectedly quit the last time it was run" screen with a form for a crash report. I fill it in and send with no response.
  • Quicken Alyssa
    Quicken Alyssa Moderator mod
    edited January 24
    Hello @NSack

Thank you for coming to the Community with your questions and concerns, though I apologize that you are experiencing this. 

Can you please try rebooting your computer and making sure that there are no pending updates that could be causing this issue. 

Do let us know once you have completed the suggested steps and if your issues persist. 

Thank you!

Quicken Alyssa

• Quicken Alyssa
    Quicken Alyssa Moderator mod
    Hello @mary170,

Thank you for visiting the Community and adding to this discussion.

Please hold down Ctrl+Shift and double-click on the Quicken icon. Continue holding down Ctrl+Shift until the application opens.

If Quicken now opens without crashing, this would indicate the issue is in the file that was last open in Quicken.

Let me know how this goes and we will go from there, thanks!

Quicken Alyssa

• NSack
    NSack Member ✭✭
    > @"Quicken Alyssa" said:
    > Hello @NSack, 
    >
    > Thank you for coming to the Community with your questions and concerns, though I apologize that you are experiencing this. 
    >
    > Can you please try rebooting your computer and making sure that there are no pending updates that could be causing this issue. 
    >
    > Do let us know once you have completed the suggested steps and if your issues persist. 
    >
    > Thank you!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Quicken Alyssa

Hi Alyssa, I rebooted and made sure there were no updates pending. It did not work. Thank you for your suggestion.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Quicken crashes, hangs or loops at startup?

Please try this:

• Reboot Windows.
    • Close Quicken (or do not start it at all).
    • Use Windows File Explorer to locate and rename your current Quicken data file. For example, if it's called Qdata.QDF rename it to QdataX.QDF
      Usually your file is located in your C:\Users\_your_username_\Documents\Quicken folder.
    • Having done that start Quicken as usual from the Start Menu or Desktop Quicken icon.
      If Quicken cannot find your current data file during startup it should just simply load the program and give you either a nearly blank menu screen or one that has options to start as new user, restore from backup, etc.
    • If you get to this point without Quicken crashing
      • click on File in the Menu bar. Select the Validate function. Select the renamed Quicken data file and see if Quicken can access and repair it.
      • If the data file is beyond repair, try to restore your data file from the most recent Manual or Automatic backup. Go back to restoring successively older backups until you find a file that works
        https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

This discussion has been closed.