R37.67 - Wells Fargo Advisors Accounts Not Updating [Edited]

Ok. My Wells Fargo investment accounts have not updated since I loaded this software version. Neither transactions nor security price changes have populated. I do not get error messages and the one step update appears to process through (doesn't stall out). It just says no new transactions and that the file is updated. Any ideas how to get this to work again? So frustrating.

Comments

• nls
    nls Member ✭✭
    Securities transactions after 1/20/2022 are not downloading with one-step update. Windows 10, Quicken R37.67 Build 27.1.37.67
  • GermanBlueRam
    GermanBlueRam Member ✭✭✭
    Same problem here.  No downloads for activity on January 21 or 24.  
  • 1lilpig
    1lilpig Member ✭✭
    edited January 26
    Ok. If I use the update option in the "gear" drop down the investment values do update now. (Found this in one of Quicken's troubleshooting guides). However, none of the actual transactions come through.
  • GermanBlueRam
    GermanBlueRam Member ✭✭✭
    No downloaded transactions for January 25 either (made a couple of trades).  
  • Lou C
    Lou C Member ✭✭
    I update Quicken daily, and I connect to WFA via Direct Connect. have 15 accts - all downloaded successfully through automatic update UNTIL Friday, Jan 21, 2022. No transactions have downloaded since then. There are no connection error messages. Is anyone else experiencing this? WFA and Quicken support teams have not been of any help. I've already done all the usual troubleshooting - deleted and reset the accts, etc. No luck
  • Lou C
    Lou C Member ✭✭
    clarification - one step update, not "automatic update". thanks -
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    Just wanting to check in to determine if there are any present issues downloading investment transaction into QM. These things come up for me ever so often so just checking b4 I contact WFA
  • Lou C
    Lou C Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the replies. I spoke to WFA and Quicken support earlier today about this, but didn't get any solutions. As I mentioned, I've already tried the standard troubleshooting, to no avail. I'm going to hold off on manually entering transactions until the end of the week to see if this gets fixed, but can't let it go much longer, just based on transaction volume. If any of you have better luck with fixes or get additional intel on the issue, please re-post on this thread - much appreciated -
  • Lou C
    Lou C Member ✭✭
    FYI - evidently this is a known issue @ Quicken. just grabbed the post below from their support forum.

Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    12:24PM
    ONGOING 1/26/22

Our teams are still working to resolve this issue, though we do not have ETA available. We thank you for your patience and apologize for any inconvenience.

Thank you!
  • nls
    nls Member ✭✭
    Hi LouC - where is the "support forum" that you grabbed this from? How does one access that? Thanks!
  • nls
    nls Member ✭✭
    I found this:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7901894/ongoing-1-26-22-wells-fargo-update-completes-but-nothing-downloads#latest

I hope they realize the problem is with Wells Fargo Advisors, not Wells Fargo Bank. Those are two different connections, and Wells Fargo Bank is working fine (as far as I know).
  • GermanBlueRam
    GermanBlueRam Member ✭✭✭
    nls said:
    Hi LouC - where is the "support forum" that you grabbed this from? How does one access that? Thanks!
    I thought this was the support forum  :)
  • Lou C
    Lou C Member ✭✭
    lol. sorry - poor choice of words. I should've said that I clicked on the following link (https://community.quicken.com/categories/alerts) and found the announcement on this issue, which is the same thread that nls referenced in his/her post above.

2 moderators on that "known issues" thread have posted weekly updates (Alyssa, Anja), both saying they're aware of the issue, working on it, no ETA for a fix...so we continue to wait patiently, I guess, right?
  • nls
    nls Member ✭✭
    If they have been reporting weekly on this issue, then I am not sure it is the same issue. For me, things were working fine up until 1/21/2022. After 1/20, no joy on the transaction updates. Again, I hope they are not conflating Wells Fargo Bank issues with Wells Fargo Advisor issues -- two different update links.
  • Lou C
    Lou C Member ✭✭
    agree re the problem is w/ WFA, not the bank. I run daily updates on both - the bank works fine, WFA doesn't. like you, I just started having the problem on 1/21/22. sure sounds like the same issue that's described in the "known issues" thread, which is why I referenced it.
  • Quicken Alyssa
    Quicken Alyssa Moderator mod
    edited January 27
    Hello all,

Thank you all for coming to the Community and updating this discussion with your individual experiences. 

As you have noticed, we do have an Open Alert for an issue that fits the description of what you all are seeing in your Quicken software. However, as one of you feared may be the case, the alert is regarding Wells Fargo Bank, not Wells Fargo Advisors. 

That being said, anyone still experiencing this issue should go to Help>Report a problem from within their software. Please provide a brief description of the issue and leave the log files attached. Then go ahead and send the reports over to Quicken. 

Escalating Direct Connect issues from our end is a little tricky. Direct Connect uses the Banks servers rather than Quickens. We do not have access to the bank's servers or any way to correct any issues with it. that being said, if enough people report the issue we can look into the issue and open a new alert if needed. 

Quicken Alyssa

• Lou C
    Lou C Member ✭✭
    was just on the phone for ~ 1 hr w/ Michelle in Quicken Support re this issue, attempting to escalate it w/ WFA. w/ check back tomorrow after I attempt to download in the am.

Alyssa - thank you for weighing in on this; hopefully we can get it resolved quickly.
  • nls
    nls Member ✭✭
    Alyssa: I also spent an hour on the phone with Quicken Support yesterday, and a Case #9173648 was opened. I also reported this to WFA online support. Hoping for a quick resolution! Thank you.
  • GermanBlueRam
    GermanBlueRam Member ✭✭✭
    I wish I could get WFA to stop downloading those useless cash and margin movements.  But I'll settle for getting the actual trades and transactions to download again.   :)
  • I have been unable to update my Wells Fargo Advisor accounts since 1/21/2022 on Quicken.
    My last update was midnight on 01/20/2022. My Wells Fargo Bank accounts update normally.
    Values are updated but no transactions. Any idea when this will be fixed.
    Thank you
  • GermanBlueRam
    GermanBlueRam Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 27
    No downloaded transactions or balances for January 26 either (Direct Connect).   I have submitted as suggested above by Quicken Alyssa.
  • GermanBlueRam
    GermanBlueRam Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 27
    1lilpig said:
    Ok. My Wells Fargo investment accounts have not updated since I loaded this software version. Neither transactions nor security price changes have populated. I do not get error messages and the one step update appears to process through (doesn't stall out). It just says no new transactions and that the file is updated. Any ideas how to get this to work again? So frustrating.
    I was successful this evening, with a download of yesterday's activity.   I'll just have to manually enter transactions for the three missing days, it seems.

• nls
    nls Member ✭✭
    @GermanBlueRam Thanks for the update. Still not working for me. I raised a ticket with WFA today (again).
  • Lou C
    Lou C Member ✭✭
    had the same experience as @GermanBlueRam - yesterday (1/27/22) I was able to download the transactions from 1/26/22, so I manually entered all the transactions from 1/21/22 - 1/25/22 to get my accts back in balance.

HOWEVER - this morning, 1/28/22, none of the transactions for 1/27/22 downloaded, even though they were posted in WFA - so it looks like it worked for 1 day only. UGH. I have a case # from my call w/ Michelle the other night, so if time permits, I'll go back after it w/ Quicken support later today - it's a minimum 1 hr investment of time though, so...

updates from the rest of you are helpful, so keep posting if you would, and let's all keep trying to escalate this w/ Quicken and/or WFA. Hopefully there's power in #s...
  • 1lilpig
    1lilpig Member ✭✭
    edited January 28
    Since some of you have already provided log files and reported the problem with WFA and Direct Connect via the channel Alyssa suggested, I won't. I was hopeful yesterday that the 38.25 version would fix the problem. It didn't.... One step update still doesn't work for either values or transactions and the Update Transactions in the specific accounts "Gear icon" will update the values but no transactions come through still. So glad I'm not the only one that is having this problem. I was getting nowhere with support by myself. Soooo frustrating. And thank you nls and Lou C for helping make sure they realized that Wells Fargo Bank and Wells Fargo Advisors were separate download processes. Changed my mind. I did report the problem again via the method Alyssa recommended. The more people inundating them the better I suppose.
  • GermanBlueRam
    GermanBlueRam Member ✭✭✭
    Lou C said:
    had the same experience as @GermanBlueRam - yesterday (1/27/22) I was able to download the transactions from 1/26/22, so I manually entered all the transactions from 1/21/22 - 1/25/22 to get my accts back in balance.

HOWEVER - this morning, 1/28/22, none of the transactions for 1/27/22 downloaded, even though they were posted in WFA - so it looks like it worked for 1 day only. 
    Yep, same here.  No transactions for 1/27/22.  
  • GermanBlueRam
    GermanBlueRam Member ✭✭✭
    One other thing I noticed this morning - which really underscores that the problem is on the Wells Fargo side - manually downloading a .qfx file directly from wellsfargo.com didn't result in any transactions being downloaded either.

• 1lilpig
    1lilpig Member ✭✭
    German Blue Ram - I would be more inclined to believe it was a WFA problem if it hadn't started for me immediately after downloading 37.67. I find it hard to believe that WFA changed something in their servers at the same time I downloaded the Quicken update. So my money is still on Q having broken something with that update.
  • waltgomes
    waltgomes Member ✭✭
    Was having the same problems with WFA as everyone else. I just ran the update again and the problem appears to be corrected. My transactions for 1/27/22 have now downloaded correctly.
  • nls
    nls Member ✭✭
    My transactions from 1/27 downloaded. None of the transactions from 1/21 through 1/26 downloaded. My transactions today (1/28) have not yet downloaded -- we shall see if they come in in the next couple days.
This discussion has been closed.