I seem unable to import two months of CC transactions into quicken account.
fsglover Member ✭
edited February 2022 in Errors and Troubleshooting (Mac)
I have imported all of 2021 but nov and dec, and have imported jan 2022. But, when I attempt to import nov and dec quicken displays preparing to import file, but doesn't. Have tried miultpple times.
There's currently an open issue on this: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7905187/ongoing-01-18-22-qfx-web-connect-files-not-importing
There is a workaround that may help you. It's a bit labor intensive. But since this appears to be a one-time issue for you, maybe worth it:
Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s0
- Create a new (temporary) Quicken file (menu File > New), Start From Scratch
- Select Don't Use Quicken Mobile or Web, then NEXT
- In Add An Account, select your bank, click the OPTIONS button and choose Web Connect
- Drag your QFX file to the "drop here" box
- Select the correct account type and give it a unique name, then Continue, then Finish
- Hopefully your transactions imported successfully. If so, continue with the next steps
- Optional: Move the file to the Desktop for easy deletion when you're done with it (menu File > Move To)
- Export the File to QXF (menu File > Export > Quicken Transfer File (note this is QXF, not QFX), making note of the location to which it's saved
- Switch back to your regular file (menu File > Open Recent)
- Make a backup of your file in case anything gets messed up (menu File > Save a Backup)
- Import the file you created in step 8 (menu File > Import > Quicken Windows File). Note: not "Bank or Brokerage File"
- Close the Setup Download window and dismiss the warning
- You now have a new account in your file containing the transactions from the bank's QFX file.
- Select all of those transactions and drag and drop them to the actual account in the sidebar.
- Delete the now-empty uniquely named temporary account.
- Your regular file's account should now be complete with the missing transactions.
- Delete the temporary Quicken file from the Desktop
- Optional: Click menu File > Open Recent > Clear Menu to clear out the now-deleted temporary file's name from this menu.
This discussion has been closed.