Credit card reminder reverting to minimum amount due after bill update

I have a bill reminder that is set to reflect the full amount of the credit card balance. this reminder is linked to the online bill for it. Every time I open and update quicken which refreshes my online bills, this reminder revers to the minimum amount due so i have to go into the reminder and re-set it to show current credit card balance.
I've already tried the suggested fix for validating/repairing the data file which fixed some other reminder issues i was having, but this one remains.

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Shredder52404,

Unfortunately your problem is a "known issue" with the software that occurs when you have an online bill linked to a reminder.  Apparently the application takes over and determines the payment amount, and it overrides the reminder transaction setting.  It is a program flaw and not a problem with your datafile.  I suggest that you unlink the reminder from the online bill.

Hope this helps.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Shredder52404
    Shredder52404 Member ✭✭
    I've unlinked the bill as you suggest, but i have concerns about doing this regarding catagory/tag data not populating in the registrar or some other unforeseeable side effect of unlinking the reminder and bill. It was quite a challenge to get the bills and reminders to play nice together as it is now.... i will circle back in a month or so to this post after a couple of bill cycles.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Shredder52404,

On the issue of the category/tag data not populating - if you go into the register that you use to make the payment now, and then click on a recent transaction for this same payment > right click on it > then select "Memorize payee..." - you should have no problem with entering the transaction with the correct related information, because that will pre-populate for that payment.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

This discussion has been closed.