Unable to accept downloaded transactions from my Fidelity account into my portfolios

yogierra
yogierra Member ✭✭
I am long time user of Quicken. About two weeks ago I began to experience a problem- my downloaded transactions from Fidelity appear but Q then freezes up and I cannot accept them. I get an error message "Quicken for Windows is not responding" -"Close the Program or wait for the program to respond" I wait and it is still frozen so I must close Q. I had a Quicken Customer support rep have me validate my data file and then reload the Q program. It worked for one day and now I have the same issue. I am running Windows 10. Any suggestions to fix this issue

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @yogierra,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this and for not having received a response yet.

Although you mentioned you have already tried validating your data file, if you haven't already, I suggest that you try super validating your data file instead. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 30 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I hope this helps!
    -Quicken Anja
  • yogierra
    yogierra Member ✭✭
    This did work but then a few days later I encountered the identical problem as identified above. I did a super validate once again and it enabled me to accept the downloaded transactions. Is there a way that I can avoid having to do a validate each time?
This discussion has been closed.