Can't create new data file

I am a long time quicken user. I am consistently seeing a decrease in the quality of the product. Over the past 2 months since the Schwab update I can no longer create a new data file in Windows 10. There have been many updates in that time period and none have addressed this issue. Quicken Support has not been able to offer any answers. Also data files are getting corrupted with almost every update requiring me to have to restore from backup and lose significant amounts of work.

Is anyone else having these issues and if so, can you please help me with any solutions you have discovered?

Comments

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why can't you create a new data file? Do you get an error message? What is the full path to the folder that contains your Quicken data file on the hard drive? Do you have Controlled Folder Access enabled in Windows Defender? Are you using OneDrive, Dropbox or Google Backup? Have you tried restarting your computer?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Harry O
    Harry O Member
    I'm in the same boat. Long time user (since DOS). All messed up with Schwab. Tried to create new account from backup before I converted my money market fund to be treated as cash - big mistake. No help from Quicken. Schwab had a phone number for a help desk, I think I'll try them, but not much hope.
  • Harry O
    Harry O Member
    I can create a new data file, but I can't restore one of my pre-Schwab backups to it, it wants to overwrite my current data file.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    lewisquinn said:   I can no longer create a new data file in Windows 10.
    Two different folks - hard to respond with any level of continuity.... use the QUOTE ...
    What happens when you try to create a new data file - see @Greg_the_Geek comments above

QWin Deluxe Subscription - Win10
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 16
    Harry O said: I can create a new data file, but I can't restore one of my pre-Schwab backups to it, it wants to overwrite my current data file.
    Not sure what you want to do - with the Restore menu - you can OVERWRITE or create a copy
    You do understand that the Restore is not a merge - the idea is to completely restore to a previous point in time.

QWin Deluxe Subscription - Win10
This discussion has been closed.