Quicken crashes after new release

Birute10
Birute10 Member ✭✭
My quicken updated a day or so ago and today I went to select the "Help" option which caused the program to crash/close. It's done this now 3 times. Anyone else having this issue?
Tagged:

Comments

• QuicklyLosingPatienz
    QuicklyLosingPatienz Member ✭✭
    edited January 28
    Same, after updates.

[Removed - No Soliciting]
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Quicken crashes, hangs or loops at startup?

Please try this:

• Reboot Windows.
    • Close Quicken (or do not start it at all).
    • Use Windows File Explorer to locate and rename your current Quicken data file. For example, if it's called Qdata.QDF rename it to QdataX.QDF
      Usually your file is located in your C:\Users\_your_username_\Documents\Quicken folder.
    • Having done that start Quicken as usual from the Start Menu or Desktop Quicken icon.
      If Quicken cannot find your current data file during startup it should just simply load the program and give you either a nearly blank menu screen or one that has options to start as new user, restore from backup, etc.
    • If you get to this point without Quicken crashing
      • click on File in the Menu bar. Select the Validate function. Select the renamed Quicken data file and see if Quicken can access and repair it.
      • If the data file is beyond repair, try to restore your data file from the most recent Manual or Automatic backup. Go back to restoring successively older backups until you find a file that works
        https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

• bmurphy12
    bmurphy12 Member ✭✭✭
    I've had problems ever since the R37.66 update. My Data file will not load if I update to 37.66 or above.
    I rolled back to version R36.57 and everything works fine.
    I should be able to update Quicken without it causing this problem. If Quicken can't fix the problem, then Quicken is useless to me. My subscription is coming up for renewal, but if I can't use the latest versions, then why renew?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    bmurphy12 said:
    I've had problems ever since the R37.66 update. My Data file will not load if I update to 37.66 or above.
    I rolled back to version R36.57 and everything works fine.
    I should be able to update Quicken without it causing this problem. If Quicken can't fix the problem, then Quicken is useless to me. My subscription is coming up for renewal, but if I can't use the latest versions, then why renew?
    You may want to pick up the just released R 38.25 from https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-mondo-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product and see if that solves your problem.

• bmurphy12
    bmurphy12 Member ✭✭✭
    For UKR,
    Thanks for your suggestion. But R38.25 did the same as the R37.XX updates. After R 36.57 (which works fine for my Windows 10), there have been 5 updates. R37.62, 37.65, 37.66, 37.67, and now 38.25. Each version shows a successful update. Quicken loads, but after I enter my password, it will not load my Qdata file. All I get is the blue spinning loading wheel.
    Thank goodness I can revert to R36.57.
    Did Quicken change anything in the 37.XX series updates and above?
    If I can't update, then why subscribe? I've had Quicken since the DOS days.
  • > @UKR said:
    > You may want to pick up the just released R 38.25 from https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-mondo-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product and see if that solves your problem.

I've had the same problem with > @bmurphy12 said:
    > For UKR,
    > Thanks for your suggestion. But R38.25 did the same as the R37.XX updates. After R 36.57 (which works fine for my Windows 10), there have been 5 updates. R37.62, 37.65, 37.66, 37.67, and now 38.25. Each version shows a successful update. Quicken loads, but after I enter my password, it will not load my Qdata file. All I get is the blue spinning loading wheel.
    > Thank goodness I can revert to R36.57.
    > Did Quicken change anything in the 37.XX series updates and above?
    > If I can't update, then why subscribe? I've had Quicken since the DOS days.

I've had the same problem with R37.XX. I've been on the phone with 3 different technical people in the past 2 1/2 weeks with nothing working. I finally got escalated to a "higher level of support" and we tried reverting back to 36.57 and it worked as above for bmurphy12. I'm a 30 year Quicken user and this would have been devastating I lost all my data. I spoke with Adeline and she said once 38.25 comes available through Quicken Update I can then download it. Although after Brian's failed attempt I will not. When will we know there is a patch from an update? I'm afraid to download any updates not knowing it will fix the problem
  • QuicklyLosingPatienz
    edited January 29
    [Removed - Violation of Community Guidelines]
  • bmurphy12
    bmurphy12 Member ✭✭✭
    I agree with Dave30yruser!
    I've cancelled any attempt on a new update, because I don't know if it will work.
    Like Dave, I've been using Quicken since the DOS days. We can't be the only ones with this problem.
    If anyone has, or hears about a fix please let me know.
  • QuicklyLosingPatienz
    edited January 30
    After over a week of uninstalling/installing, renaming folders, etc, etc. I finally was able to get the app to open using a release from November. The app wanted me to update and since it was seeming stable again, I let it. [Removed-Disruptive] Re-installed the last one from November (1.36.45) and WILL NOT update again for a while.
  • bmurphy12
    bmurphy12 Member ✭✭✭
    Just reinforces that the problem is with the R37.xx updates and beyond. Quicken changed something with these updates.
This discussion has been closed.