Can't add tax item to paycheck?

I am using version R38.25 and I am unable to add a tax item to a paycheck. I have had the same paycheck for a long time, and I need to add a new tax item. From the register, I click the green check mark for "Open the split transaction window..." When I click "Add Tax Item", there is no pull down menu. I also tried editing the paycheck from the "Bill and Income Reminders" window with the same result. Finally, I tried to create a completely new paycheck using the wizard, and there is no pull-down menu for "Add Tax Item" either. Other pull down menus (e.g., "Add Earning", "Add Pre-Tax Deduction") all work as expected.

Best Answer

Answers

• shawncohen
    shawncohen Member
    Having the same issue
  • shawncohen
    shawncohen Member
    Still a problem in the R38.26 version
  • shawncohen
    shawncohen Member
    Still a problem in the R38.29 version
  • SZW
    SZW Member
    When trying to enter a new paycheck, or using the "paycheck setup wizard", nothing happens when I click the "Add tax item" popup to add a new tax item. As a MA resident, at the start of a new calendar year, I need to add two new tax items for my paycheck related to MA-specific tax deductions, but I cannot do so. FWIW - the popups for "Add Earning", "Add Pre-Tax Deduction", and "Add After-Tax Deduction" all behave as expected.

(My workaround is to copy/paste a paycheck entry for the same period in 2021 and edit it, but the inability to add a Tax item seems like a bug to me - perhaps introduced in the latest update since it worked last month).
  • Stacey
    Stacey Member ✭✭
    Following, same issue
  • piyushjain
    piyushjain Member ✭✭
    I have the same issue.
  • Keddie
    Keddie Member ✭✭
    Version R38.29 Build 27.1.38.29

See video link below detailing what is broken.

For whatever reason when setting up a new paycheck I cannot add additional tax lines to my paycheck system. When clicking the drop down box it does nothing. If I go to "After tax" it works fine but this set comes up blank.

Please assist.

Erick
  • Howard Hoffman
    Howard Hoffman Member ✭✭
    I think the upgrade just broke the feature. Clicking on it does not get a popup menu any more
  • georgep03
    georgep03 Member ✭✭
    Same issue here, R38,29
  • judgegerber
    judgegerber Member
    And me, same issue today. Am also running 38.29. Build 27.1.38.29. Very annoying
  • DJG123
    DJG123 Member
    I have the same problem. I am running R38.29. I am going to have to create a new "Paycheck" and then delete the old one to get all of the correct tax entries included...
  • RBO62
    RBO62 Member
    Folks, this is a pretty basic miss on the part of Quicken. Has your CEO and CFO been made aware of this basic product development miss? If not, they should be! I'll be sure to try and let them know myself.
  • Jaysir
    Jaysir Member
    Me too . This needs to be fixed!!
  • gmherteg
    gmherteg Member
    +1 to the "same issue here" count.
    Version: R38.29
    Build: 27.1.38.29
  • TC4782
    TC4782 Member
    Same problem, please fix!
  • bsensale
    bsensale Member
    This is ridiculous. First you break my past paychecks with your syncing bug unlinking transactions. Then, when I go to recreate the checks, I find the Paycheck wizard is broken. Do you have no quality control? What am I paying for?!!
  • ScottyTheGolfer
    ScottyTheGolfer Member ✭✭
    Having the same issue. I tried to add a new paycheck today 2/6/22, I am running Windows 11 Home, Version 21H2, OS Build 22000.434 and my Quicken Version R38.29, Build 27.1.38.29.
  • diggydog2
    diggydog2 Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same issue. A fix as part of a future update release is unacceptable!!! We pay a yearly subscription fee to use Quicken and we have the right to expect that it works correctly. Quicken used to be a good product. It has really gone downhill!
  • bhorowitz
    bhorowitz Member
    +1 to the "same issue here" count.
    Version: R38.29
    Build: 27.1.38.29
    This is a basic function that has existed for many years. Unimpressive that it cannot be fixed quickly.
  • Tiomasai
    Tiomasai Member
    Adding to the count and agree, paying for this as a subscription, there needs to be a proper ETA in getting this fixed asap.
  • t-money
    t-money Member
    Same problem...hope to get a discount for broken software...
  • > @"Quicken Anja" said:
    > Hello All,
    >
    > Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.
    >
    > I just tested this issue myself and received the same result. I went ahead and submitted a bug report for this to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution.
    >
    > Unfortunately, we won't have an ETA on this, however, once a solution is created it will be made available as part of a future update release.
    >
    > Thank you for your patience and for bringing awareness to this issue!

Any updates on this? I'm having the same issue. This is a huge set back for anyone with a paycheck... so basically EVERYONE who uses Quicken.
  • Keddie
    Keddie Member ✭✭
    @Quicken Anja is there any update as to when this could be fixed? I know you don't have an ETA but effectively I have no work around at this time unless I go back 30 days and not remove my previous paycheck.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 9
    @Keddie
    You could install R36.57 patch from this article:
    https://www.quicken.com/support/reinstalling-and-patching-your-quicken-subscription-version-after-your-membership-has

EDIT: and you can find a more up to date set of patches on my website:
    Quicken Subscription Patches - QuicknPerlWiz
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • shawncohen
    shawncohen Member
    No updates. I put this ticket in on January 31 and the February 3 message from "Quicken Anja" is all that we have seen. For what should be a priority ticket (it affects calculations) and an easy fix (just re-enable to the control that was previously there) this is unacceptable.
  • Keddie
    Keddie Member ✭✭
    @Chris_QPW - I downloaded and installed the 36.57 patch. After install the second quicken launched it re-downloaded the 38.29 build and installed it. Went into the system and removed auto updates and re-patched down to 36.57. Upon launch even with auto updates removed it took me back up to 38.29. Is there something new in my datafile which requires me to be on the newer version?
  • Keddie
    Keddie Member ✭✭
    edited February 12
    @Chris_QPW - Scratch that I was able to find my own work around. I created a VM and installed quicken via local file. After I did this I removed the network adapter from the VM and blocked access to all Quicken IP's in my firewall. I launched the software on the 36.57 version you showed and created the paycheck reminder with the added lines. Closed the software and relaunched after re-enabling the connectivity and it updated immediately (I had no choice again) and was able to "Fix" my problem. [Removed - Language] it worked.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    To block the automatic update, change the User Account Settings (search for this on the Start menu) so that Window prompts whenever an install runs.

Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Another add to the "Same Issue Here" count... This one is pretty bad Quicken, please prioritize this! Bugs like this are absolutely killing this product.
This discussion has been closed.