Can't communicate with the Quicken Mothership

I can't use Quicken at all. It will not log into the Quicken Mothership over the Internet.
Not sure why every time I want to look at Quicken it does that...but whatever. I looked at the FAQs and help files and changed my Quicken Web Password...and then waited around 5 days before I could find time to log in again...but changing the password and waiting did not help (so why is it a suggestion on your web site). I attempted to connect to the chat but it never opened or showed an error over multiple tries and days (so why pretend to have chat to begin with). I reloaded quicken on my PC...did not help either. I just keep getting that stupid "Oops" error message. Been a user of Quicken over 20 years and never had a problem like this until now. HELP HELP HELP

Answers

• Quicken Alyssa
    Quicken Alyssa Moderator mod
    Hello @I_Need_Help_PNF,

Thank you for coming to the Community with your questions and concerns, though I apologize that you are experiencing this. 

Please save a backup of your file and then go to Help>Check for Updates and update your software to the latest version. 

Once this is done please try logging in again and let us know if you encounter the same error. 

Thank you!

Quicken Alyssa

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
  • I_Need_Help_PNF
    I_Need_Help_PNF Member ✭✭
    @Quicken Alyssa...OK, I can't do that because as soon as I open Quicken on my PC it immediately tries to log into the Quicken Mothership. There is no time to find Help->Check for Updates. When I close the window attempting to log onto to Quicken Web...the entire application closes. Plus, I did download the Quicken Installation File found on the Quicken website last week and reinstalled Quicken fully. If the install file you have on your website is not the latest version...what can I say? I will try again to see if I can get to the Help->Check for Updates as fast as possible...
  • I_Need_Help_PNF
    @Quicken Alyssa. I tried again and the screen went right to the log into Quicken Website. When I went to the Help menu there is no "Check for Update" option in that help menu. I have attached a screen print of what I see.
  • Quicken Alyssa
    @I_Need_Help_PNF,

Thank you for the update.

What Operating System are you running? Also, are you running a VPN, Anti-Virus, or Firewall? If so, try disabling it and then opening Quicken. 

Quicken Alyssa

• Quicken Alyssa
    @I_Need_Help_PNF,

I looked into your account activity, and from our side, it appears as if you have logged in successfully. So I think there is something on your computer blocking Quicken from opening. Like the things, I mentioned above. 

Do let me know if you figure out what's blocking it, or if you need more help.

Thanks!

Quicken Alyssa

• I_Need_Help_PNF
    @Quicken Alyssa.
    @Quicken Alyssa. I tried again and the screen went right to the log into Quicken Website. When I went to the Help menu there is no "Check for Update" option in that help menu. I have attached a screen print of what I see. Check attached image in above comment.
  • Quicken Alyssa
    @I_Need_Help_PNF,

Please see the suggestions above. 

Thank you!

Quicken Alyssa

• I_Need_Help_PNF
    @Quicken Alyssa

I also try the direction in this article but it did not help either:
    FAQ: How to Resolve the Error Message, "Quicken Online Service is Unavailable"
  • Quicken Alyssa
    @I_Need_Help_PNF,

What Operating System are you running? Also, are you running a VPN, Anti-Virus, or Firewall? If so, try disabling it and then opening Quicken. 

Like I said previously, it looks to me like something on your computer is blocking Quicken.

Quicken Alyssa

• I_Need_Help_PNF
    I am running windows 10 that is fully updated. Although IO know Microsoft loaded something in a Windows update in December that caused issues with some other Applications on my PC. I have attempted to turn off Windows Defender, but it does not 100% turn off. Microsoft's web site and some other technical sites have said as much.
  • I_Need_Help_PNF
    I will try to turn it all off again.
  • I_Need_Help_PNF
    @ Quicken Alyssa
    I thought I had gotten somewhere after trying a couple of times to log in because it looked like Quicken finally started to install the update, but this went terribly wrong and I kept getting this attached screen. I'm going to totally uninstall quicken and try to install it again. I don't know what else to do.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
This discussion has been closed.