PNC OL-297-A Error, none of the usual tricks work

kcaj
kcaj Member ✭✭
For the past month or so my connection to PNC has been buggy. Quicken has been very buggy for the past 6 months or so, but I thought it was all worked out. I'm now getting OL-297-A errors every time I update. The message says no transactions to update, but numerous transactions have cleared and I have a check in the queue to send to PNC. This is frustrating to say the least.

I'm a CPA and have recommended Quicken to 100's of clients (or more). With all the inconsistent performance I'm not sure I want to be associated with it any more. I just want Quicken to work! I've been a Quicken user since the 80's when I ran it on an IBM XT and printed checks on a dot matrix printer. Well before Al Gore invented the Internet.

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-using-online-services-ol-297
  • tjlee089
    tjlee089 Member ✭✭
    Same issue here with PNC, error OL-297-A. Sometimes 4-6 attempts to manually download; alternatively, account reset also works but this sometime this takes 4-5 attempts. I've used Quickn for 20+ years. It used to work just fine. I have two brokerage accounts (ETrade, Raymond James) that download flawlessly. I suspect the fault may lie with the PNC server, not with Quicken. Maybe it's time to contact PNC support.
This discussion has been closed.