R38.22 Performance issue

maxwelwp
maxwelwp Member, Windows Beta Beta
As a result of the upgrade to R38.22, I have experienced a significant delay in the startup of Quicken. Version R38 HF1 update today has not improved the issue.

Not sure if this is a result of the added dashboard cards or that quicken is now syncing other file attachments (such as .pdf's) to the cloud with R38.22?? 

If the cloud sync is the issue, we should have the ability to turn off the sync operation. Currently no obvious way to do that and I do not have Mobile and Web sync on.

“Never stop dreaming, never stop believing, never give up, never stop trying, and 
never stop learning.”
Quicken user since 1993
Tagged:

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Wild shot, but the current version (including paused staged releases) is R38.26 so you might try installing the latest patch from here:
    Update and Mondo Patch: Subscription Release of Quicken for Windows
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 1
    maxwelwp said:
    Version R38 HF1 update today has not improved the issue.
    Chris_QPW said:
    Wild shot, but the current version (including paused staged releases) is R38.26
    R38 HF1 and R38.26 are the same release with 2 different names.
    I see no change in performance or startup time with this currently staged release.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • maxwelwp
    maxwelwp Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Chris_QPW - My current version is actually 36.26 (R38 HF1) updated this morning. From the release notes it fixed
    Version R38 HF1 (Jan, 2022) What's Fixed
    1. "Awaiting next bill state" status was appearing incorrectly for bills in which the payment procedure had been discontinued after initiation.
    2. Check pay payees were appearing on the Bills card on the dashboard.
    3. A crash was occurring for some users.

Starting Quicken right now however is much better than early this morning so not sure the issue at present. Have to monitor I suppose.

“Never stop dreaming, never stop believing, never give up, never stop trying, and 
    never stop learning.”
    Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.