Support Website - Misleading for Quicken for Mac Users

Hornman5659
Hornman5659 Member
edited March 2 in The Water Cooler
Yesterday, I needed to contact Quicken support and chose Chat, because the website indicated I'd only have about a 6 minutes wait. Indeed, a tech did connect with me within that time. However, he was in the Windows division, but because I use the Mac version, he had to pass me through to the Mac support area. It then took at least another 45 minutes to connect with a Mac tech. From that experience, it appears that the support website automatically assumes that people are using the Windows version. It would be really helpful if the website could screen customers as to which version of Quicken they're using and provide projected wait times to connect with the appropriate platform's techs. Of course, the Mac version is still very much a second-class product compared to its Windows counterpart, so I'm not surprised at the website's assumption. Still, if Quicken wants to retain, and add to, its Mac customers, needs to not only bring the Mac version up to parity, but also make the tech support experience equal as well.

Not really a question, but just a comment that I hope someone at Quicken will take to heart and act on.
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited February 1
    Hello @Hornman5659,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and providing your feedback.

I will go ahead and pass this along to the proper channels to have this looked into further in hopes that we can get this fixed in the future.

Meanwhile, I apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.
    -Quicken Anja
  • Hornman5659
    Hornman5659 Member
    Thank you, Anja! For what it's worth, I appreciate that Quicken is working hard on adding more features to the Mac version, and I will keep my fingers crossed that the Mac tech support gets the same attention.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2
    ... From that experience, it appears that the support website automatically assumes that people are using the Windows version. It would be really helpful if the website could screen customers as to which version of Quicken they're using and provide projected wait times to connect with the appropriate platform's techs. ...
    I thought that would happen automatically when you select Chat and then sign in with your Quicken ID.

Or is there something in your Quicken ID profile that confuses the computer?
    Have you ever downloaded Quicken for Windows and then jumped ship to Mac?

@Quicken Anja , what do you say?

• Hornman5659
    Hornman5659 Member
    I didn't log into the website - I just clicked on Support at the top, then scrolled down to the options area (Phone/Chat/Community). Just to check to see what would happen, while on the Support page, I logged in, but that took me to a Welcome to your Account page. There, a phone number for Support is provided, but no projected wait time, and there's also no link for Chat.
This discussion has been closed.