Why won't Quicken recognize my Empower Retirement downloads?

J. Cowan
J. Cowan Member ✭✭
My 401k moved from MassMutual to Empower Retirement last year. I had been able to download the Quicken QFX transaction file from the MassMutual website, and then from the Empower Retirement website. Late in December, Quicken quit accepting the downloads. Now when I open the QFX file, a pop up appears in Quicken saying:

"Quicken is currently unable to verify the financial institution information for this download. Please try again later."

I've been trying again later for over a month. I tried the "Report a Problem...." tab in Quicken help and reported the problem a couple times, but the problem persists. What do I have to fix this or get Quicken to fix it?

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Empower Retirement is no longer shown, in FIDIR.TXT, as being a "Participating Financial Institution" ... this was entirely Empower's decision ... and there's nothing that Q can do to fix that.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    For whatever reason Empower Retirement appears to have decided to no longer support Quicken.  When a financial institution does this it is usually because their perception is there is not enough benefit to them to justify the expense they will incur.  You could contact them to ask why they dropped support and inquire as to if/when they might add support for Quicken, again.  If enough of their customers request it then maybe they will contract with Quicken, again.
    You can always manage your Empower Retirement account in Quicken manually.  Not ideal, for sure, but it is an option.
    (QW Premier Subscription: R39.23 on Windows 10)
This discussion has been closed.