UNHAPPY 20+ YEAR QUICKEN USER

I've been a Quicken user for over 20 years. [Removed - Disruptive/Profanity] I can no longer edit transactions, downloaded transactions don't reconcile, it crashes when I try to back it up, it no longer updates account values in real time, I have to exit then go back in to see the results of an update.

Calling customer support [Removed - Disruptive] are so backed up with calls.

This used to be an excellent product. Now I find myself wondering if I should renew.

One thing I know for sure. I have never had an original idea in my life, so if I'm having problems many others are as well.

Comments

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the full path to the folder that contains your Quicken data file on the hard drive? Do you have Controlled Folder Access enabled in Windows Defender? Are you using OneDrive, Dropbox or Google Backup? Have you tried restarting your computer?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    What is the full path to the folder that contains your Quicken data file on the hard drive? Do you have Controlled Folder Access enabled in Windows Defender? Are you using OneDrive, Dropbox or Google Backup? Have you tried restarting your computer?
    Are you implying that Quicken doesn't work with Windows Defender, OneDrive, Dropbox, or Google Backup???
    Windows 10 and Windows 11 (separate computers)..... Quicken Premier 20+ year user
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    retird said:
    Are you implying that Quicken doesn't work with Windows Defender, OneDrive, Dropbox, or Google Backup???
    If your Quicken data file is in Documents and you have Windows Defender's Controlled Folder Access on, you have to make sure that you allow Quicken access to it.

As for the reset it has always been Quicken Inc's policy (and Intuit before that) that the Quicken data file you open in Quicken shouldn't be in any "cloud folder" because it can conflict with Quicken accessing that data file.  And that goes for any backup program, it might conflict with Quicken if it is set to detect when the data file is changed and prevent Quicken from accessing it.  And on top of that there is a possibility depending on how the data file is backup up/synced that it could be done when the data file is in an inconsistent state.

So, the policy is to only have Quicken's backup files in such locations.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 3
    retird said:
    What @Chris_QPW said.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info... didn't know that.... thus my inquiry.... Where can I read this "Quicken's Policy"? Never saw that.... THX
    Windows 10 and Windows 11 (separate computers)..... Quicken Premier 20+ year user
  • retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    THX... good to know what I might use Dropbox, Google Backup, and OneDrive for and what not to do.  
This discussion has been closed.