how to increase the number of recent files

Under FILE, at the bottom, only 4 files - names of files - are displayed. Ideally more should be displayed - how can this be achieved?

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not aware of any way to expand that list.

Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    You might what to consider creating Desktop shortcuts to your Quicken data files.  Then by double clicking on one of them you can open Quicken with it.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you pin the Quicken program icon to the Windows taskbar, you can right click on it to get a "recent file" list, but there is no way to increase the number in the Qiucken File menu list.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • Clyde Lok
    Clyde Lok Member
    many thanks yr suggestion - but Quicken should show more files and at least automatically search in the same directory as the other files - always used to in the old days if I recall correctly - such a simple thing?
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clyde Lok said:
    many thanks yr suggestion - but Quicken should show more files and at least automatically search in the same directory as the other files - always used to in the old days if I recall correctly - such a simple thing?
    The recent file list has been limited to 4 entries as long as I can remember AND it is never "such a simple thing".  It took them years to make it easy to eliminate entries that no longer existed or are valid.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • Clyde Lok
    Clyde Lok Member
    not logical to me that Quicken limits to 4 files - cannot be difficult to increase 4 to say 10? I do not understand programming but if we can land a man on the moon long before the latest programs, why is it now so difficult ? Perhaps Quicken needs a nudge or 2?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clyde Lok said:
    not logical to me that Quicken limits to 4 files - cannot be difficult to increase 4 to say 10?
    May I ask why you need more than 4 files on a regular basis?
    Usually, I only need 2 files: "Production" and "Test".
    A Desktop shortcut pointing to my \Documents\Quicken folder quickly shows me all the other Quicken files should I need them.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I doubt that it is that hard to change (as a long-time programmer), but I suspect the reason it hasn't been changed is because of "priorities", as in the number of people requesting it is low, and the number of other things they need to work on is high.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.