On the fly reports from lists

Memorized transactions has it. Right-click on a transactions and select "Report".
Why not have the same option in the "Category" and "Tags" list? Others?
Sure would save some time trying to customize a report to get the same results.
2 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Category List  already has the same option.
  • Mike Mierzwa
    Mike Mierzwa Member ✭✭
    edited February 3
    Sorry, can't find the "Report" option (right-click menu). Is it elsewhere?
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 3
    There is a little printer icon at the bottom left of the Category List and Tags list pages. Click on that to print the list. But it looks like you want the ability to print a quick report of all the transactions that use the selected Category or Tag.

For Categories, you might try the EasyAnswer How much did I spend on... report.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    The tag list has this too.  Note that Ctrl+P does the same thing.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Mike Mierzwa
    Mike Mierzwa Member ✭✭
    Misunderstanding. I'm suggesting a sub-menu option to select a report for a given category or tag.
    The printer icon simply lists the entire category list.
    See attached, gotten from the memorized transactions.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 3
    Misunderstanding. I'm suggesting a sub-menu option to select a report for a given category or tag.

Right-click on a category in the Category List that has been used and you should have the option:

Note:  If the category has not been used, the option to view the report is appropriately not provided.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Sherlock said:

Right-click on a category in the Category List that has been used and you should have the option:

Note:  If the category has not been used, the option to view the report is appropriately not provided.

I see that if one hasn't selected to show the Usage column, this option doesn't exist.

Also note that once you have the Usage column displayed a quicker way to bring up the report is by clicking on the usage number.

The Tag list is missing this option.
    Signature:
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chris_QPW said:
    Sherlock said:

I see that if one hasn't selected to show the Usage column, this option doesn't exist.

Also note that once you have the Usage column displayed a quicker way to bring up the report is by clicking on the usage number.

The Tag list is missing this option.
    Confirmed.  I suppose Quicken is setting a flag when it loads the Usage column.  If you remove the Usage column, the menu option persists until close the Category List window.
  • Mike Mierzwa
    Mike Mierzwa Member ✭✭
    And there it is !!! But I must say...nicely hidden.
    Now, onto tags.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    BTW having the Usage column selected in the Category list slows it down when bring up the list.  It isn't much in my list of 379 categories, but it is there (a few seconds).  People with much larger category lists might notice it more.
    Signature: