File Won't Open

System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: Why won't Quicken Load Every Now and Then?.

Comments

• raftorres63
    raftorres63 Member ✭✭
    I've been using the shift+ctrl key to load Quicken on Windows 10 this past month as the only option to get it to open. I've tried way too many times with uninstalls, file cleaning, etc. With this week's Quicken update it won't open the file and hangs every time. I've not had this type of issue with Quicken in over 10+ years as a user. What is going on? I finally went to the qw.exe file and created a new shortcut. That allowed me to open the file.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been using the shift+ctrl key to load Quicken on Windows 10 this past month as the only option to get it to open. I've tried way too many times with uninstalls, file cleaning, etc. With this week's Quicken update it won't open the file and hangs every time. I've not had this type of issue with Quicken in over 10+ years as a user. What is going on? I finally went to the qw.exe file and created a new shortcut. That allowed me to open the file.
    It sounds like you already figured it out.  Apparently, the shortcut you were using was no longer valid.  Instead of using a shortcut, we just use the keyboard to open the application: Windows key, start to type Quicken (the Q is usually sufficient), then Enter.
This discussion has been closed.