R38.29 latest release - multiple crashes

whodiini
whodiini Member ✭✭
I got a notice for an update today and updated quicken. What a disaster. Crashed after update, crashed under help "version changes", crashed trying to update accounts. Restored a backup from yesterday. Crashed trying to update accounts. Restored backup from yesterday. Ran validate - found no errors. Tried to update accounts. "An OLB error occurred in the last task". First 4 accounts in one step update have "An error has occurred". Then froze after that. This is by far the worse quicken update ever!! I need to figure how to download the last version. Uggh

Comments

• gayblazejr
    gayblazejr Member ✭✭
    Alas I don't know how to uninstall. There is a mondo patch that allows me to open and work - but after I close the program it will crash on reopening until i reinstall that same mondo patch. still waiting for a response from quicken.
  • dgoos
    dgoos Member ✭✭
    edited February 5
    I'm having similar problems with 27.1.38.29. One step update hangs and I have to kill the Quicken process. I've uninstalled, cleared remaining files after uninstall, downloaded latest and installed, and the problem continues. I'll be restoring my machine from a Saturday backup so I can get this working again. Hope it doesn't force an update.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

It's quite possible that all these crashes have damaged your Quicken data file. If you haven't done so already, I'd try the following actions:

Validate and Supervalidate instructions

First save a backup file prior to performing these steps

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 30 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Supervalidate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 30 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

• tsilves
    tsilves Member ✭✭
    I am having similar issues since this upgrade - quicken crashes every time I do a one-step update. Please fix - Thanks!
  • RichM81
    RichM81 Member ✭✭
    I'm having the issue also. Applied the Mondo patch and it didn't help. As an experiment, I let it sit on the "not responding" one-step-update and it does finally update... but it takes roughly 10 minutes. This is a serious bug. Never seen one this bad.
  • Quite a few of us are having this problem with any update past November. I suggest installing a Nov update and laying low until they figure this out.

https://www.quicken.com/support/reinstalling-and-patching-your-quicken-subscription-version-after-your-membership-has
  • Tommelv
    Tommelv Member ✭✭
    I continue to have similar problems. Now I have an entire account missing. This has been a disaster for a couple of weeks.
  • tsilves
    tsilves Member ✭✭
    I downgraded to Version: R38.25 Build: 27.1.38.25 and the crashes have stopped. Will stay at this level until the issue(s) have been resolved.
This discussion has been closed.