Attachments Being Uploaded to the Cloud - Mobile Sync is Disabled

I noticed recently that after an update (I noticed it on attachments starting around 1/29/2022) I have documents that are being uploaded to the cloud. I noticed this because I can see the cloud symbol on the attachments pop-up and I also see the delay while the upload is occurring. I can't figure out how to disable this. I logged into app.quicken.com and confirmed that I am not syncing and have verified in the app as well.

Windows 10, Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property R38.29 build 27.1.38.29.

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 5
    Believe it or not, this is the "expected" behavior if the account is setup with the Express Web Connect connection type.

What has recently changed is that they added a long-requested feature to not only sync images to the cloud account dataset, but also PDFs.

Express Web Connect is "sync".  The main difference as far as transactions go between it and "Sync to Mobile/Web" is that with "Sync to Mobile/Web" off you will not be able to see these transactions on Mobile/Web.  But they are definitely still syncing.  And since they haven't put in the other request of not syncing the attachments for Express Web Connect, this what you get.
    QCS/Express Web Connect is "cloud sync" — Quicken
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • denlow
    denlow Member ✭✭
    I noticed the same behavior.....I do NOT WANT my attachments being uploaded to the cloud!!! My accounts are not set up with the web express connection type. How do I prevent this from happening?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    denlow said:
    I noticed the same behavior.....I do NOT WANT my attachments being uploaded to the cloud!!! My accounts are not set up with the web express connection type. How do I prevent this from happening?
    Well, I tried adding an attachment in my account that is setup for Direct Connect and it isn't being uploaded.

As far as I know it would only be for accounts setup with Express Web Connect or if Sync to Mobile/Web is on.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.