Potential Issues when Truist takes over Bill Pay from SunTrust

A snail mail from Truist came today advising that they are taking over the Quicken Direct Connect function for former SunTrust customers on February 19, 2022. They provided a more-info link which doesn't work. http://www.truist.com/digital-upgrade

In the letter they also state "If you use Direct Connect through Quicken and QuickBooks to pay bills, you may lose the ability to pay bills through Quicken and QuickBooks with Direct Conect."

I have used Quicken with SunTrust to successfully pay over 10k bills and won't be at all happy if the functionality is lost.

Comments

• dc0063
    dc0063 Member ✭✭
    titanrx, my experience as well. Further, the link they provide doesn't exist! I've been banking and paying electronically with Suntrust for almost 30 years. I've begun looking at my other banks for a compatible account if needed. Good luck.
  • titanrx
    titanrx Member ✭✭
    dc0063, I am going to call SunTrust IT support today to see if they have any additional insights yet. In another thread someone mentioned that Truist is working to support Direct Connect (why don't they just leave SunTrust functionality in place!!). But, they were also told that there would be a $8.95/month fee.

I have taken a look at the fidir.txt file in Quicken directory and it looks like 2 other banks that I have done business with in the past might be supporting Direct Connect and Bank Payment: PNC and Regions. I haven't called either yet to verify if they in fact support the Payments through Quicken or if they charge a fee. I'd be OK with an online bank or credit union but it doesn't look like any of them are doing Quicken Direct Connect for payments.

After 28 years at SunTrust and over 10,000 on-time Quicken/Payments made at NO COST, I need a backup in place BEFORE the weekend of 2/19.

This is such a hassle. All of my direct deposits go to SunTrust and it is connect to all the other financial entities I use.
  • dc0063
    dc0063 Member ✭✭
    edited February 9
    From SunTrust Online Digital Support, Direct Connect Quicken Bill Pay will not be continued at transition. It may return later in the year/fall [Removed - Language].
  • titanrx
    titanrx Member ✭✭
    > @dc0063 said:
    > From SunTrust Online Digital Support, Direct Connect Quicken Bill Pay will not be continued at transition. It may return later in the year/fall [Removed - Language].

Thank you. I didn't have time to call them yet. Well, it looks like I'll be switching banks. I won't be going backwards and using some crappy app or website to pay bills when Quicken Bill Pay has worked flawlessly for almost 30 years.
This discussion has been closed.