united healthcare and AARP Rx plans

Why can we not pay these with Quick pay? They are consolidated on one website for easy payment but Quick Pay will not connect - have to use check pay. Makes no sense! Am paying too much for check pay with major vendors like United Healthcare. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Moderator mod
    Why can we not pay these with Quick pay? They are consolidated on one website for easy payment but Quick Pay will not connect - have to use check pay. Makes no sense! Am paying too much for check pay with major vendors like United Healthcare. Any suggestions?
    Hello @dsmith7206

I apologize for any frustration or confusion you may have experienced. Thank you for looking to the Quicken Community for discussion and support regarding this matter.

Are you able to add the financial institutions in question as online billers? First, save a backup by going to File > Backup and Restore > Backup Quicken File while Quicken is open. Next go to the Bills & Income tab in Quicken then navigate to the '+' icon and select Online Bill. You should then be able to name the financial institution you are seeking to add as a biller. 

I look forward to any reply you may be able to provide, and I hope to continue working with you on this issue as necessary here in this thread.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • dsmith7206
    dsmith7206 Member ✭✭
    Thanks for your reply - I have added United Healthcare several times as an online biller but always get the same message - awaiting next bill - which never comes through and I have to use check pay to pay it. Please help.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Be sure to avoid late fees and penalty interest rates

Are you about to be late with making your bill payment due to problems or unexpected delays in Quicken Bill Manager (Quick Pay or Check Pay) that can't be resolved in a timely fashion?

While you're waiting for the problems to be resolved, to avoid missed payments I recommend you logon directly to the biller's website and authorize them to direct debit (aka PAC Draft, Autopay, APS, etc.) the next (and perhaps all future) payments from your checking account or a credit card. The biller will make an electronic debit on the due date and you don't have to worry about being late.

In Quicken just record a scheduled reminder which does not execute as an online payment into your account register on or before the Due Date and before you download transactions from the bank or credit card containing the debit transaction. That will allow Quicken to match your register transaction to the downloaded data and not cause any further issues.

• dsmith7206
    dsmith7206 Member ✭✭
    Not late - sent thru check pay again. Please help.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 12
    Hello @dsmith7206

Thank you for your response. Pardon the inconvenience. However, after taking a further look I was able to find that the biller is currently in a degraded status. This means that Quick Pays, linking and statements are currently unavailable. I have submitted a bug report. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience.

-Quicken Paloma 
  • dsmith7206
    dsmith7206 Member ✭✭
    Thank you for the info - hopefully it will be cleared up soon.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @dsmith7206

Thank you for your response and patience. It is greatly appreciated. If you experience other issue please let us know. 

Thank you! 

-Quicken Paloma
  • fw6322+
    fw6322+ Member, Windows Beta Beta
    This has been an issue with this Biller from the very beginning of Bill Manager (Aug 2020) and have reported this issue many times.  In my case both myself and wife share the United Health part of the payment and the AARP United Health RX (Part D) are separate.  The way around this Biller for me is to use my Bill Pay at my financial institution.
  • dsmith7206
    dsmith7206 Member ✭✭
    Thank you for your reply - it seems a shame for such a large institution to not be able to use quick pay.
    will quicken still keep trying?
This discussion has been closed.