Credit Score feed incorrect - credit card balance shows total of credit cards AND mortgage loan

I have had a very stressful morning. It was time to update my credit score in Quicken and when I clicked it, my score dropped over 30 points. Huh? I didn't make any changes that would have triggered that. So, I clicked on the score to see what might be up. In the pop-up screen "About Your Credit Score" that gives further details on the reasons for the score being what it is, I saw that my credit card usage had gone from my regular green zone low usage up to the RED zone. Somehow there was now over $450k in credit card balances that I knew nothing about.

Assuming Identity Theft, I went to annualcreditreport.com and poured over all three credit reports. Nothing. Nada. Not a hair out of place.

What I assume is happening is that Equifax is feeding my mortgage loan along with the credit cards into the credit card balance and that the VantageScore 3.0 calculation is then using that bad information to create an inaccurate credit score.

I reached out to Quicken Customer Support and they have not heard from anyone else with this problem yet. They said I had to talk to Equifax. But that's moot, since I pulled the Equifax report and it is fine. Besides, the link to contact Equifax within the Quicken pop-up screen doesn't even work.

Just wanted to save anyone else from the stress, in case this is happening to others.

Comments

• MSMRL62
    MSMRL62 Member
    I just received my credit report and have the exact same problem. Shows almost 300K in credit card balances. Checked my reports and all are ok.
  • I am experiencing the exact same issue. There is clearly a bug. It's tallying my total balances as the credit card balance. The issue is not with Equifax. Hope Quicken gets a fix for this. Definitely was an unnecessary fright.
  • nacho628
    nacho628 Member
    This is a DEFECT and only began occurring AFTER one of your recent updates!
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

This issue has been confirmed as a bug that has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, once a solution is created it will be made available as part of a future release.

Thank you!
    (CTP-3794)
    -Quicken Anja