Home Screen Reports Changed

Ron H
Ron H Member ✭✭
edited March 2022 in Reports (Windows)
Running R38.29 Build 27.1.38.29, Windows 10 Home

Have used Quicken since the beginning! About two weeks ago the reports on the Home Tab, Spending, etc. have changed how it includes some of the categories, etc. For example the Spending Report lists the monthly spending by Category, but then includes payments made to credit cards and Salary/Income, reducing the total of the spending report.

I have run Validate but nothing changed. Since Validate didn't help, would deleting the application and downloading again return the reports to what they have been for years?

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Select the gear icon menu on the Home tab and the menu will come up:

Turn Classic Dashboard on if it isn't already.
    You Home tab Views like "My Money" should reappear, select one.

If you like you can turn off the new Dashboard by selecting the same menu while you are viewing a "Classic Dashboard view".

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Ron H
    Ron H Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the reply. I have tried Classic and New Dashboard and the reports are the same. For years I have used Categories when paying credit cards, for example. The Spending Report on the Home tab has always shown the monthly breakdown by Category, which equaled to the total amount paid. The Spending Report now includes the category amounts broken down as a positive number, but then includes a negative number for the total credit card payments, which reduces my spending total. It never did that before. If I go into change categories, I have to scroll through the entire list of categories and deselect certain things. If I go back in to delete something else I have to redo the entire selection process again. If I run a report, switch to another report then go back to Spending Report it often changes the data shown.

I have a copy of the same Quicken file I made last August. I opened that file, ran the Spending Report for that timeframe and the report appeared exactly the way it has appeared for years.

Selecting categories in the new file and saving does not work. The next time I run the report I have to select categories again.

This has all happened in the last week or two.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, not what I was thinking it was at all.

The fact that the old and new data file don't do the same thing implies a change in the data file, but I can't think of what that would be.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.