Clock Icons Missing from Account List / No Immediate View of Bills Due

Before the November update, a Clock Icon appeared in the Account List next to any account that had a payment scheduled within the next few days. The information was drawn from the Bill & Income Reminders users set up. That feature is now gone.

This feature enabled one to instantly know upon opening Quicken which account had bills due. Now one has to go to each account to know what's due. Why did Quicken remove such a helpful feature? I've been relying on it for years so I've missed a couple of due dates.

Please bring it back. The set-up now is not comparable.

I'm running Version R38.29 on Windows 11 (updated from W10 after this issue began).
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @sjweiswasser,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

I went ahead and checked my own personal Quicken for this issue as I utilize this feature as well and am still able to see the clock icon next to my account names. Are you seeing any different icons in place of it instead or is it just blank and simply missing?

In the meantime, if you haven't already, I suggest that you try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate
    1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I hope this helps!
    -Quicken Anja
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    As Quicken Anja said, the Clock icons are still available in the Account Bar. I can confirm that. Just remember that reminders must use "Remind me [xx] days in advance" with [xx] being greater than 0 for the reminder clock to work and show you reminders a few days before their due date.
    To see upcoming bills due when I start Quicken, I have always used a customized version of the traditional Home page view.
    Instead of the new Dashboard's Bills, Income & transfers mini-view you can use the traditional Home page view's My Money page and look at the "Stay on top of Monthly bills".
    Or, as I have done years ago, before the current version of the Home view, I have created a customized Home page with a "Bill and Income Reminders" view.
    Either way, if you wish to see upcoming bill reminders when you start Quicken, be sure to point the setting of the Startup location to your desired Home view: Dashboard, My Money or a customized additional home page. Go into Edit / Preferences / Startup to make this setting.

• sjweiswasser
    sjweiswasser Member ✭✭
    Thank you @Quicken Anja. I tried your suggestion but nothing changed. I'm glad you both still see the alerts in the Account Bar. I just don't. And it's inexplicable why you should have them but I don't. They were there forever -- I've used Quicken since the mid-90s -- and now they're not. And there have been at least two others who've posted about the same issue recently. So at least I'm not alone. @UKR I appreciate the suggestions. The great thing about the alerts in the Account Bar is that they were always visible. Since I never closed the Bar, I had that constant reminder. The Home page idea is a substitute but the switching back and forth makes it less useful. I generally don't use Tabs in Quicken, just switch between accounts. Thanks again.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Thank you for following up and providing additional information.

Do you have a recent pre-update backup you can restore? Next, I'd suggest restoring a backup file to see if the same issue occurs in the restored file. If needed, please, review this support article for instructions. Scroll down and open the blue dropdown section(s) titled Restore Quicken data and/or Restore an automatic backup for instructions on how to restore a backup.

Let us know how it goes!
    -Quicken Anja
This discussion has been closed.