Account and Payee Names Disappearing

Tommelv
Tommelv Member ✭✭
When I save, sync or close the app and reopen, some (not all) account names and some (not all) payee names go away and are replaced with N/A. I think I have the latest update and patch but it keeps happening.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Moderator mod
    Tommelv said:
    When I save, sync or close the app and reopen, some (not all) account names and some (not all) payee names go away and are replaced with N/A. I think I have the latest update and patch but it keeps happening.
    Hello Tommelv,

I am sorry to hear about the problems with payee names being removed. Thank you for taking the time to confer with us about this here on the Quicken Community.

Have you tried validating the data file? First, save a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File > Create a complete backup. We advise you do this as often as possible when using the Quicken program. Next, follow these steps:
    1. Go to File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    I hope to hear back from you regarding this problem, and I look forward to corresponding with you further, if necessary.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Tommelv
    Tommelv Member ✭✭
    I did that when the problem first started. I did it multiple times. Your support had me do it. The problem remains and has gotten worse today when an entire account is now missing.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Tommelv,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this and for not having received a follow-up response yet.

Do you have a recent backup that was saved prior to when this issue started? Next, I suggest restoring a backup file. If needed, please review this support article. Scroll down and open the blue dropdown section(s) titled Restore Quicken data and/or Restore an automatic backup for instructions on how to restore a backup.

Then, I know you mentioned having tried validating your data file before. However, after you restore a backup, I suggest that you try Super Validating instead.

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Let us know how it goes!
    -Quicken Anja
  • Tommelv
    Tommelv Member ✭✭
    Ok. I previously restored a backup file and corrected Account Names and Payee Names. I just did the super validate function. Reopened the file and the names are back to N/A again.
  • Tommelv
    Tommelv Member ✭✭
    Also, I can correct the names and then when I backup the file, the names are changed back to N/A
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Tommelv

Thank you for your response. Could you please let us where your main/active file is located? If you are unsure this can be checked by selecting File >Show this file on my computer. 

Thank you!

-Quicken Paloma
  • Tommelv
    Tommelv Member ✭✭
    It is on my hard drive in a folder called Quicken
  • Tommelv
    Tommelv Member ✭✭
    I logged in today and upgraded to the new version. When my filed opened, ALL of my Payee Names are gone and replace with N/A. This is a disaster !!!!! HELP
  • Quicken Paloma
    edited February 20
    Hello @Tommelv

Thank you for your response although we are sorry to hear that your issue is persisting. Could you check your memorized payee and see if the payee names show up as N/A in there as well? 

To access this select Tools >Memorized Payee List

-Quicken Paloma
  • Tommelv
    Tommelv Member ✭✭
    The payee names in the memorized payee list are blank. In the memo column some of them have N/A.
  • Tommelv
    Tommelv Member ✭✭
    When I try to correct the N/A account names, with account names that I previously used, it tells me that name has already been used.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Hello @Tommelv

Thank you for checking the memorized payee list. Could you please attempt to make a copy of the file and see if the issue is still persisting? 

To make a copy select File >Copy or Backup File >Create a copy or template. On the popup window, you may leave the date range as is (unless if different dates are desired) and ensure that the file is saved to your local hard drive. 

You will then be prompted to select the Copy or Original File, please select the copy. Once the copy has been made please check once again the payees and let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Paloma
  • Tommelv
    Tommelv Member ✭✭
    I did that. When I create the copy, the application automatically closes. When I open it again and select the copy the data looks exactly the same.
  • Tommelv
    Tommelv Member ✭✭
    edited February 22
    [Removed - Disruptive/Speculation]
This discussion has been closed.