Ongoing Citi Bank Citi Cards CC-502/102

This issue has been going on for months with NO resolution. We just get a weekly update from someone at Quicken saying sorry Quicken is still working on it with NO ETA. It is about time someone at Quicken actually works on this issue and get it resolved. I have discovered that as long as I refuse any Quicken updates that I am ok. And then as soon as I allow Quicken to perform one of their updates I get the error again. So this issue is related to Quicken updates NOT WORKING as it relates to Citi Bank interfaces!!!!!! Quicken, Lets get this fixed ASAP. BTW. I am holding off any Quicken Updates until you can assure us it is fixed.

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Intuit continues to have difficulty maintaining the Express Web Connect connection method for Quicken.  If you are not willing to accept the unreliability of this connection method, I suggest you use the Direct Connect or the Web Connect connection method if available instead.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-quicken-connects-your-bank
  • Ron2Meyer
    Ron2Meyer Member ✭✭
    Understand Intuit has sold Quicken to H.I.G. Capital.
  • Ron2Meyer
    Ron2Meyer Member ✭✭
    And see now Aquiline Capital Partners may be buying Quicken per announcement on 9/9/2021. See acquisition status is pending. Aquiline Capital Partners provides private capital to innovative businesses in the financial services and technology industries.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ron2Meyer said:
    Understand Intuit has sold Quicken to H.I.G. Capital.
    Ron2Meyer said:
    And see now Aquiline Capital Partners may be buying Quicken per announcement on 9/9/2021. See acquisition status is pending. Aquiline Capital Partners provides private capital to innovative businesses in the financial services and technology industries.
    The point is, when we use the Express Web Connect connection method, it is an Intuit server that attempts to sign in to the financial institution's web site and format our data for Quicken.  Quicken Inc. pays Intuit Inc. for this service.  When you receive a CC-502 error code, it is an Intuit server that is failing to connect to the financial institution.   When Intuit has a problem obtaining our data from a financial institution, we must wait for Intuit to resolve the issue.

When we use the Direct Connect or Web Connect connection method, Intuit servers are not involved.  Quicken obtains the data directly from the financial institution. The financial institution is responsible for formatting the data appropriately for Quicken.  We can never receive a CC-502 error code.  When there is a problem obtaining our data from a financial institution, we must wait for the financial institution to resolve the issue.
This discussion has been closed.