Online Biller Action - Cancel

I have an Online Biller with an upcoming Bill that has not yet been paid. I have the Biller's hard copy but Q does not yet have a record of the Bill. In the past I was still able to schedule a payment to the Biller even if Q had not yet received the Bill. Today, I see the Biller is in an Action of "Cancel". What has changed or is this another "glitch"?
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @msmith99usa

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community. We apologize you are having this issue. To better assist you more information is needed. For instance, what is the name of your online biller? How long has this been occurring? 

Please elaborate so that we may move forward in diagnosing the issue at hand. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • msmith99usa
    msmith99usa Member ✭✭
    I am running Windows 10; Quicken Version R37.67, Build 27.1.37.67. The Biller is Orange County Utilities (Orlando Florida). Last month, January 2022, I had no problem scheduling a payment using Quicken's QuickPay. The issue became apparent yesterday when I received the utility's paper bill and tried to pay the bill using QuickPay

I have just checked the one other Biller I use with QuickPay. It is Spectrum Cable. When I click on the Action to ENTER the payment, I get a message the Account has an online bill payment due, but the account is not set up for online billing and must be enabled. This is an account which I have used for the past 2 plus years to pay bills from using QuickPay. I used to have 8 more Billers on QuickPay, but since moving to the Subscription Service, I have grown tired fighting the QuickPay Service issues to get it to work. Even the CheckPay Service has caused problems, and that should be as simple as it gets. Looks like I may move these last two Billers off QuickPay and use my Financial Institution's Bill Pay Service (which costs me nothing). If I do not renew my subscription, I relaize I will not get any software updates, but can I still download checking and investment transactions from my Financial Institution and Credit Card provider, as well as daily stock/mutual fund/ETF prices, or am I cut off from that? I think I know the answer, but I want to be sure.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Hello @msmith99usa

Thank you for your response and the additional detail. I was able to take a further look and saw that the Orange County Utilities biller is showing as degraded at the moment. I have submitted a bug report so that it may be worked on. As for the other biller, more information is needed. For instance, where is your main/active file located (external hard drive, local hard drive, cloud based-storage)? 

In regards to being able to download without a subscription, it is unfortunately not possible. Having a subscription allows users to receive updates, support services, syncing to mobile/web, and download their transactions within Quicken. 

Please elaborate further on the file location and let us know. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • msmith99usa
    msmith99usa Member ✭✭
    All Q files are on my hard drive. I avoid the cloud. Quicken is installed at "C:\Program Files (x86) /Quicken"; Quicken Data Files are at "C:\Users\mike3\Documents\005-Fin-Quicken\Q-Current"
  • Quicken Paloma
    Hello @msmith99usa

Thank you for your response and apologize in the delay of ours. Could you please let us know if you have Quicken Bill Manager enabled in other accounts? 

Thank you!

-Quicken Paloma
  • msmith99usa
    msmith99usa Member ✭✭
    Thank you Paloma. Never occurred to me to verify the account was still enabled since I had done nothing to change or cancel it. How foolish of me. I just went to TOOLS>ACCOUNT LIST to check the status of my accounts. I had only one account enabled for Quicken Bill Manager. That is now gone !! .. No accounts are enabled for Quicken Bill Manager!! I have already moved the last two Billers that were on Quicken Bill Manager to my financial institution's Bill Pay Module. I am not going to waste more time to get Q working again, and then have to worry about yet another "glitch" from Q which will consume more of my time to work-around or fix
This discussion has been closed.