Sync Error

System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: credit card account that will not sync with cloud.

Comments

• GHRS11
    GHRS11 Member
    edited February 11
    I am having the same issue. I push the sync now button on the "Mobile & Web" screen it this pops up.
    [EDIT] - added instream image
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @GHRS11

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community. We apologize you are having this issue. To better assist you more information is needed. For instance, what connection method are you using? Is this occurring with any other accounts? Also, how long has this issue been persisting? 

Please elaborate further so that we may provide guidance. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • GHRS11
    GHRS11 Member
    This issue just started. When I open Quicken Home and Business, go to the Mobile & Web screen enter the vault password, press the sync now button the POP UP comes up. Say ok then this pop up comes up push "apply now" then the first one comes back. I have gone to my bank and downloaded the accounts after this. I have gone to "edit - preferences - mobile and web - reset cloud data then back to the first pop up. What do you mean what connection method am I using.

Thanks
  • Quicken Paloma
    Hello @GHRS11

Thank you for your response and the additional details. To clarify the connection method is simply referring to how you are connecting your account(s).

To check the connection method being used select Tools >Account List >Edit account details >Online Services. 

Also, could you please let us know where your main/active file is located? This can be found by selecting File >Show this file on my computer. 

Thank you!

-Quicken Paloma
  • GHRS11
    GHRS11 Member
    Hi, it looks like that Connection method : Express Web Connect, since I was in online services I pressed the account reset and this came up. Maybe an issue with financial institution? The file location is " >This PC > OC(C:) > Users > GS > Documents

Thanks
  • Quicken Paloma
    Hello @GHRS11

Thank you for the additional information and screenshot. Instead of resetting or refreshing the account could you please deactivate it then reactivate it? Before starting the process please make a backup of your current file. 

For instructions on deactivating your account(s) please click here

When you have a moment please attempt the steps from the Help Article above and let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Paloma
  • GHRS11
    GHRS11 Member
    Thank you now when I go to set up then go to edit account, enter information then my checking comes as a credit card with no change option and no way to link account so I canceled
  • Quicken Paloma
    Hello @GHRS11

There is another way that could perhaps get the account the link to an already existing one. With the account deactivate select Tools >Account List >Edit account details. In the general tab if there is an account number, delete it from this field the select OK. 

From there to prompt a new discovery select Tools >Add account. Type in your financial institution and follow the prompts to fill in your credentials. Once the desired account is found you should have the option to click on the drop down arrow and change the option from “add” to “link to existing account”. 

When you have a moment please attempt these steps and let us know how it goes! 

-Quicken Paloma
  • GHRS11
    GHRS11 Member
    Hello, I deleted the account numbers from the account list. Tried to add account in tools and the same comes up checking comes up as a credit card with no other option.

Thanks
  • Quicken Paloma
    edited February 15
    Hello @GHRS11

Thank you for your response. Could you please attempt a test file? Before starting the process please ensure you have made a backup of your current file. 

To begin select File >New Quicken File >OK. On the popup window type in "test" for the file name and save it to your local hard drive. Once the test file has been created please add your BMO account(s) only. No other accounts are needed. 

When you have a moment please attempt the test file and let us know how it goes! If you run into the same issue or a different one please be specific. 

Thank you!

-Quicken Paloma
This discussion has been closed.