Webroot [Edited]

Amaliao
Amaliao Member
edited March 12 in The Water Cooler
On February 2nd I contacted Quicken support by messaging. I was connected to a live agent that conned me into buying a "lifetime user key" for $299.99. I registered with Webroot and found that my key number was being used by 95 computers. I was able to get a refund through Paypal.
How did this scammer get to be a support agent for Quicken? He is still doing it. I have a phone number and email if Quicken support would like to have them.

Comments

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    You probably googled Quicken Support and got a bogus support site. The only Quicken support site is http://www.quicken.com/contact-support
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Amalio

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community. We apologize for this dreadful experience. When contacting Quicken Support please be sure to only use the contact information provided in the link below. Also, an agent will never offer a “lifetime user key” since we only have one year subscription that come in a variety of packages. 

For our official contact information and hours of operation please visit the link below. 

-Quicken Paloma
This discussion has been closed.