Cannot open backed up file

Hi,

I was managing my files to backup and I accidentally deleted the latest file which I had updated earlier today. I have a dual backup system (this is not quicken backup but my drive backup) one manual and one automatically replicated.

When I was managing the manual backup I accidentally deleted the most recent file instead of the older file.. and then I opened quick but it could not find the file.. This made me realize that I had deleted from the incorrect location. However because of the fact that I have an automated replication to other location.. I downloaded that and tried to open it but Quicken gives me this message: Please see attached image

Basically it cannot recognize the version of the quicken the file is associated to and asks me to download Quicken 2004 and convert it..

Thanks
Sam

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The implication is the file you restored from the automated replication location is corrupt.  I suggest you attempt to locate a good recent backup of the Quicken file.  You may use Quicken (select File > Find Quicken Files...) to try locate an appropriate backup or perhaps Windows File History or Backup and Restore or a system image.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 13
    sgajjar said: I was managing my files to backup
    and I accidentally deleted the latest file which I had updated earlier today.
    Just to clarify - you deleted the current Quicken live QDF file while managing your BACKUP Quicken files ?
    The backup files are usually in a /backup/ folder and all have the word BACKUP as part of their filenames.

QWin Deluxe Subscription - Win10
This discussion has been closed.