Category that points to another account is not working correctly

Adrienne
Adrienne Member ✭✭
I am entering my bill today, 2/13/2022 and noticed the category in my Chase account has [savings] instead of [checking]. When I go to start keying [checking], it appears, I click on it and [savings] is added as the category. I go to my checking account for Chase and it has [Diners Club] instead of [Chase]. This is happening on all accounts, not just Chase. I have been using Quicken for over 30 years and never saw anything like this. I am afraid that I will not be able to track of my bills correctly and account balances correctly.

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    The square brackets indicate that this is a TRANSFER transaction.  Q thinks that you're ;moving money between your checking account and your savings account.
    In the checking account, the category will appear as [savings] and in the savings account as [checking}.
    IF your intent is to pay your Diner's Club account from checking, then the category in the Checking account should be [Diner's Club].
    The OTHER possibility is that your Q data file is corrupted.  Have you tried Validating it?
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
This discussion has been closed.