Morgan Stanley missing transactions after updating

Jerry2
Jerry2 Member ✭✭
After updating (downloading) my investment transactions from Morgan Stanley into my desktop Quicken Deluxe there are many missing transactions that did not download. This creates numerous placeholders which I have to spend hours fixing by manually entering the missing transactions.
Is there a way to download these missing transactions so I don't need to spend hours manually entering? Asking Quicken to repeat update does not download the missing transactions.
Anything I can do?
Thanks.

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Moderator mod
    Jerry2 said:
    After updating (downloading) my investment transactions from Morgan Stanley into my desktop Quicken Deluxe there are many missing transactions that did not download. This creates numerous placeholders which I have to spend hours fixing by manually entering the missing transactions.
    Is there a way to download these missing transactions so I don't need to spend hours manually entering? Asking Quicken to repeat update does not download the missing transactions.
    Anything I can do?
    Thanks.
    Hello @Jerry,         

I am sorry to hear about this issue with placeholders. Thank you for reaching out to us about this matter so that this can be discussed further. 

Are you performing a One Step Update in order to download these transactions, or are you downloading and importing QFX files? Also, do you notice any error messages when trying to update your accounts?

Lastly, I want to be sure that the filters are not interfering with what is seen in the register. Click the Reset button just above the register itself to be sure this is the case. Also, click the triangular arrow to the right of the word Date in the associated column. This ensures that the transactions are being sorted properly.

I hope to hear back from you with any additional information or updates you may have, if you are able to check back in with us here on the Quicken Community. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 

• Jerry2
    Jerry2 Member ✭✭
    Thanks for replying Jared.
    I am updating using One Step Update but I understand Quicken is having sync problems with its servers. So I was advised to import qfx file instead.
    Problem: I don't see where to download qfx files from Morgan Stanley's website. Their downloads come down as xlsx. Do you know how I can obtain qfx files for my accounts at Morgan Stanley?
    Thanks
  • Quicken Jared
    Jerry2 said:
    Thanks for replying Jared.
    I am updating using One Step Update but I understand Quicken is having sync problems with its servers. So I was advised to import qfx file instead.
    Problem: I don't see where to download qfx files from Morgan Stanley's website. Their downloads come down as xlsx. Do you know how I can obtain qfx files for my accounts at Morgan Stanley?
    Thanks
    Hello @Jerry2,          

It's my pleasure to be of assistance. I appreciate the time you've taken in keeping in touch with me about the situation.

Regarding the QFX downloads, I would advise reaching out to a Morgan Stanley representative, as the download location will be different for every financial institution's website. Note that it may be necessary to ask for a Tier 2 support agent - or an escalations team - as these personnel may be more familiar with third-party applications, such as Quicken. 

I hope this is helpful. Feel free to reach out again at any time with additional comments or questions.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared
  • Kevin69
    Kevin69 Member ✭✭
    I am also having this same issue with Morgan Stanley's transactions and it is frustrating.
  • Quicken Jared
    Kevin69 said:
    I am also having this same issue with Morgan Stanley's transactions and it is frustrating.
    Hello @Kevin69

I am sorry that you are being affected by this issue, as well. Thank you for seeking additional information by following this thread.

Have you attempted the troubleshooting steps mentioned earlier in the thread? Please let us know about your results, should you have the chance to drop by once more and follow up with us. 

I look forward to your response.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.