CC-501 with Marcus By Goldman Sachs

Have been trying to add a new account with Marcus By Goldman Sachs for 3 weeks now, but every time I get the CC-501 error. Clearly the suggestion to try again later is ineffective because the error persists.
I can and have successfully downloaded transactions for other accounts, but adding a new account fails.
I see there are numerous similar reports with other institutions, but none with Marcus GS. Can this be looked into please.

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    What kind of account are you trying to set up?
    The FIDIR file shows the following:
    12377    12377    12377    Marcus By Goldman Sachs    https://www.marcus.com/us/en    NA    https://www.marcus.com/us/en/login    ACTIVE                   BANKING,CREDIT,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT    NOT_QBP    NA
    This means that Marcus supports Quicken for Bank accounts and Credit accounts but not for Investment accounts.  In order to support Investment accounts it would need to be listed here and, in most cases, it would need to add support for Direct Connect.
    If you wish for Marcus to add support for Investments you should request them to do that.  If Marcus gets enough requests from customers then perhaps they will contract with Quicken to add Investments support.
    (QW Premier Subscription: R39.23 on Windows 10)
  • Pierre2022
    Pierre2022 Member
    Trying to set up a new CD account, of which I already have a couple with Marcus. The others were added to Quicken without a problem.
  • Pierre2022
    Pierre2022 Member
    To be perfectly clear:
    Time 1: created savings account at Marcus' website, added to Quicken: success
    Time 2: downloaded transactions (savings): success
    Time 3: created CD1 account at Marcus' website, added to Quicken: success
    Time 4: downloaded transactions (savings + CD1): success
    Time 5: created CD2 account at Marcus' website, added to Quicken: success
    Time 6: downloaded transactions (savings + CD1 + CD2): success
    Time 7: created CD3 account at Marcus' website, added to Quicken: failure, CC-501
    Time 8: downloaded transactions (savings + CD1 + CD2): success
  • Boatnmaniac
    As long as CD3 is a bank CD (purchased from a bank) and not a market CD (purchased from an investment company and tradable on the market) then I think you should be able to setup and download it.
    But you show trying to set up CD3 only 1 time (Time 7).  Have you tried to set it up any other times?
  • Pierre2022
    Pierre2022 Member
    Yes, repeated the second half of step 7, trying to add bank CD3, literally dozens of times over the past few weeks and every time the response is error CC-501.
    There is absolutely nothing different between CD1, CD2, and CD3 other than when I opened the accounts at Marcus (which is a bank). Quicken was able to add CD1 and CD2, it refuses CD3 for no good reason whatsoever.
    Seeing that there are several similar reports of error CC-501 with other banks it seems a genuine problem at Quicken’s end.
  • Pierre2022
    Pierre2022 Member
    Any progress to report? Has the development/bug fixing group been able to reproduce the problem? Any indication of when this critical functionality will be restored?
  • Boatnmaniac
    @Pierre2022 - Who are you asking?  There are no Quicken employees in this thread.  Quicken Community is a forum made up mostly of Quicken users like you and me.  If you want Quicken feedback you need to contact Quicken Support and talk or chat with them (make sure popup blockers are turned off):  Contact Support.
    If you have not already done so you might want to read this Quicken Support Article regarding CC-501 error code: Error When Using Online Services: CC-501, CC-898, or "It's not your fault" [Support Article].
    You could also report this problem via Quicken Help > Report a Problem.  They will review it and act on it as appropriate but they will not provide any personal response.
    BTW, CC-501 error code is not some big broad over-arching issue that is affecting a lot of financial institutions.  Sometimes it is but usually it is not.  It is one of the more common error codes encountered with EWC financial institutions.  Usually it will self-resolve within a day or so or will be fixed with some simple troubleshooting steps but when it does not it usually means that Quicken Support needs to be contacted.
This discussion has been closed.