QFX import says there are no new transactions

R38.29 build 27.1.38.29 Windows. My 401K account was messed up. I deleted all transactions from 12/1/2021 to now. I then went to 401k site and download qfx file for that date range. Go to import, and get message "[OL-96-A][OL-96-B] There are no new transactions. However, investment balances and holdings have been updated". I look in the qfx file and there are indeed records in there for the date range I specified. Why is the import not working?

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Quicken will automatically filter out the transactions previously imported into the register.  I suggest you deactivate the Online Services for the register, import the QFX into a new temporary 401k account register, move the desired transactions to the original transaction, and delete the temporary register.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Quicken will automatically filter out the transactions previously imported into the register.  I suggest you deactivate the Online Services for the register, import the QFX into a new temporary 401k account register, move the desired transactions to the original transaction, and delete the temporary register.
  • nobody102
    nobody102 Member ✭✭
    OK will try that. That is a ridiculous amount of hoops to go through. They need a function to force an import.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 15
    If you haven't already, I suggest you consider voting for: 

User should be able to tell Quicken not to use the downloaded unique Id for a download.

• nobody102
    nobody102 Member ✭✭
    So now when I try to deactivate, it says it can't because there are downloaded transactions that need to be approved. I go to the register and there are NO downloaded transactions! Time for tech support.
This discussion has been closed.