Chase Bank error message

I am running Win 10 and Quicken Premier 2022. Yesterday all my accounts downloaded transactions except Chase Bank . The message was "an error has incurred" . I also tried downloading the transactions with " actions wheel" on the right with same error.

I have not changed my password and I am using Direct connect. I tried " deactivating and reactivating with no results. I prefer not to change my Chase password since I changed it 1 month ago. Any suggestions to correct ?

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @jjrichards

Other than the message you posted above, are you seeing any actual error code(s)?

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• jjrichards
    jjrichards Member ✭✭
    Hi Frank there were no other error codes listed , first thing I checked . I have this error come up at times with Morgan Stanley. I wait a few hours update , and no error. Chase I tried 3 times yesterday and 3 times today same error.
    Jeff
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @jjrichards,

What method are you using to connect to Chase (Direct Connect, Express Web Connect, or Web Connect)?

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• jjrichards
    jjrichards Member ✭✭
    Frank I am using Direct Connect with Chase. Used this in past until the error appeared yesterday. I updated all accounts again and Morgan Stanley gave me same error, re updated 2 minutes later Morgan Stanley indicated " updated". Chase same error
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    That is a very non-descript error message.  Is that all you got?
    Note I'm using Chase for both my investment accounts and non-investment accounts (Direct Connect) and I'm having no problems.

The connection log and OFX logs might give more information on the problem.
    I would probably do an Update Now for just the Chase accounts, so that you can just go to the bottom of those logs to see the newest update information:

Help -> Log Files
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • jjrichards
    jjrichards Member ✭✭
    Chris have tried multiple times updating Chase by itself. Same " an error has incurred" No code . At times one of my brokerage accounts gives the same error, update 10 minutues later indicates " complete". This only started yesterday mid morning , for months never an issue . No password changes .
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried restarting your machine?
    Signature:
  • jjrichards
    jjrichards Member ✭✭
    Chris rebooted 5 times today. Also went into my Chase accounts in Quicken , deactivated and then reactivated as this at times in past has solved the issue . Just performed an update same error.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I suggest you contact Quicken Support for this.  Maybe they can look at the logs or something and suggest what might fix it:
    Contact Quicken Support

One last ditch guess.  Try Validate and repair.
    File -> Validate and Repair File... -> select Validate File -> OK
    Signature:
This discussion has been closed.