Quicken R38.29 Crash When Updating Payslip Reminder

When trying to update a Category on my Monthly Payslip Reminder the system Crashes.
Home, Business & Rental Property Running on Windows 11.
I have sent data multiple times but Nothing Back from Support.
I do not use Online features as in the UK and Does not Wok on currencies that are not USD. Any ideas how I can get past this? I have tried to create another Payslip reminder but the same Crash Occurs
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @BournvilleBeekeepers,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this and for not having received a response yet.

Since you are currently still running version release R38.29, to start with, I recommend updating your Quicken program to the latest version release; R38.30 and see if doing so will help resolve this issue.

To update, please navigate to Help > Check for updates, or you can download and install the R38.30 Mondo Patch through this support article

I hope this helps!
    -Quicken Anja
  • Hi Anja,
    Thanks for responding, I have upgraded to R38.30 and tried the same update and I get the same crash, which once again I have sent the report to Quicken Support.
    Ian
  • I have run a Repair and no errors are found in the data.
  • I have re-installed the Mondo Patch for R38.30 again. Same Issue
  • Hello @BournvilleBeekeepers,

Thank you for your thorough responses and the information that you have provided. 

I recommend that you perform a clean uninstall/reinstall (this is different from simply uninstalling and reinstalling the program) which will clear out and replace the existing configuration files for Quicken (this does not affect any of your data and/or backup files).

To do so, please refer to this support article and scroll down to the section titled If the steps above do not resolve the issue. Then, open and follow the instructions found in the blue dropdown sections titled First: Download and use QCleanUI and Second: Rename Quicken Shared Folders.

Let us know how it goes!
    Quicken Jasmine
    -Quicken Jasmine
  • Hi Jasmine, Badly at the moment I am running (or was) Quicken Home Business and Rental R38.30 and cannot find a full install. Can you advise further?
  • Okay so I have re-installed after following all of the Instructions and I now have QHBR installed at R38.30. Still will not open the file at all. I am going to restore a copy of my datafile from early February and see if it opens and try and forward post transactions. That's going to take a few days. Will let you know how I go on. If there is any better data validation or logs I can provide in the meantime that would recover me to 17th Feb that would be great
  • Is there anyone out there that runs Quicken using Payslip Reminders and A mortgage account that is attached to a House Asset.
    I have tried to open past files from 2019 onwards and the Program Crashes. However I have a Business Account on a separate file that has neither of these 2 and the program works fine. Was there an update in R38.29 or R38.30 that changed anything to do with those 2 elements?
    I am now lost, and unable to open my Main Account that track stocks/shares, pension funds, mortgage, assorted assets, bills and reminder and multiple savings goals.
    Without even a view of these they will be almost impossible to recreate. How frustrating.
This discussion has been closed.