Category Organization

We need to be able to drop/drag the catagories in the order we choose. Right now they only default to alphabetical order which is unacceptable.
1 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @DHail Just for better understanding, where would you want to see categories appear in a custom order which is not alphabetic? In the pop-up list of categories when you are entering a transaction? Or in the Categories window for when you are editing categories? 

I guess I don't understand the need for this. Most Quicken Mac users likely have between 100 and 200 categories and sub-categories. Simply typing one letter in the Category field narrows the list to around a dozen; typing two letters narrows the list to just a handful of categories. I therefore don't ever find it difficult to select the category I want.

To the best of my recollection, categories in Quicken for Mac have always been alphabetical — certainly in modern Quicken Mac since 2014, and in legacy Quicken Mac 2007 and earlier. 

Please add some explanation of why it would be helpful to have categories which are not in alphabetical order. 

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993